Cox charged my again for internet servicesand i paid.

my bill showed a late payment fee for a bill that I already had paid the month before for internet services I called the company, told them that I make online payments unsing my checking account it even showed that the payment had been cleared by them, she said that I had to go to the office with my bank statment and prove it, man that is why i make online payments so i wont have to waste my time showing them how incompentent they are for such a company i have more complaints but no more space. even before i called for internet I had cable with this same company they charged me with DVR services HD 2 receivers and some other charges equal to about 50 dollars,wich I had to call them to come and pick up then later I would get charged for equipment pick up which later I would have to call back again to have those charges droped man this company ***.
Las Vegas, Nevada

Cox charged my again for internet servicesand i paid.

my bill showed a late payment fee for a bill that I already had paid the month before for internet services I called the company, told them that I make online payments unsing my checking account it even showed that the payment had been cleared by them, she said that I had to go to the office with my bank statment and prove it, man that is why i make online payments so i wont have to waste my time showing them how incompentent they are for such a company i have more complaints but no more space. even before i called for internet I had cable with this same company they charged me with DVR services HD 2 receivers and some other charges equal to about 50 dollars,wich I had to call them to come and pick up then later I would get charged for equipment pick up which later I would have to call back again to have those charges droped man this company sucks.

Cox Communication: Rates Raised

To whom it May Concern- I have been a customer of Cox Communication for approximately 3.5 years. During this time the monthly bill, basic cable & 2nd tier Internet, has steadily been between $45-50. I received the August bill on 08/07/08 and was astonished to see the monthly rate had risen to almost $70. I contacted customer service via telephone and spoke with two women, customer service & supervisor, both of who were helpful. The supervisor informed me that during the past 3.5 years Cox had freely provided the cable and that I was only paying for Internet. She credited a "promotion". I believe that my previous bills state that I was paying approximately $20 for cable and approximately $20 for Internet. She stated that a "small amount" of Cox customers had been affected by this change in the "promotion". She then directed me to the Cox website. I visited the site, only to find that it was down. I called back twice, asking further questions, was hung-up on once and directed to write a letter the last time. My complaint is this: The precedence of $45-50 a month has been set for the past 3.5 years of service. I understand that rate hikes occur, even the price of printing money has increased, as will my cable bill. But what I cannot fathom is that the price would raise $20 in a single month due to a "promotion, which has lasted 3.5 years. The general voice of the customer service was that if I didn't want to pay, I should then cancel my service. I like the quality of the Internet and cable provided, but do not feel that the sudden end of a "promotion" justifies the amount the bill has been raised. I could see a few dollars more, but $20 is hardly understandable. The fact the Cox Corporation believes that they can push on a minority of their customer base to supplement their financial woes does not seem like good Arizona business. My family and I feel genuinely ripped-off.
Phoenix, Arizona
Cox Communications Internet Service

Cox & Electronic Debits! Beware!!!

Well, Check your bank statements folks... I write checks to cox!!! And got electronically debited for 2 other peoples accounts. I almost didnt notice except I was low on funds... They are sneaky and then try to make you do all the research to prove they took your money in error. I have been dealing with these people for 2 months... had to send a BBB complaint to help resolve this. We will see if it works/helps the situation. What ever happened to the customer is always right. Not for cox... you need them they dont need you a customer someone who pays their salaries!

Well, Cox is the most appropriately named cable company

Peoria, Arizona
Loss

COX Communications, the thief and terrorist of the common person

This is only my point of view of this major communications conglomerate, but with that being said, I believe they should be brought up on charges. If you take anything from this tale, it should be “DO NOT SIGN UP FOR AUTOPAY WITH COX!” My story starts in a rather benign way with purchasing COX Communications to supply my TV and internet access to my household. I have had them for years since they were my only choice. (Can we cay monopoly?) Only recently my husband and I reviewed our bill to find that we were paying a lot more and getting way less compared to various new satellite communication companies. We thought what could be better than getting more and paying less in this newly monetarily restrictive climate. Making the decision to change from COX to Satellite TV we made the calls and settled on a new provider. All that was left was to call COX and cancel. Sounds simple enough, right? Here is where COX’s dark noxious cloud settled over our household. On a Saturday afternoon, after 5 PM, I called COX to cancel my account. They tried to argue that I never called in to complain about the service so why should they need to cancel my service. Working in a service industry, this was absurd to me! Why would I need to justify my dislike of a product to get it canceled? I don’t want it any more… I have moved on… this is a break up and no we can not be friends… this it is in my right to cancel? After the COX representative forced me to come up with some bogus answer involving conspiracy theories, aliens and the need to wear tinfoil hats, she finally let me cancel the service. [This reason for canceling was for my amusement only; we all know aliens come through the toaster ;)] I had five days to return their battered cable boxes and I would even be getting a refund of $75 for part of the month. Monday morning, I got up and doing my usual Monday routine I grabbed coffee and got on line to read the news and check my bank account. The need for coffee became no longer needed when I found that COX had gone into my checking and withdrew over $600 for no viable reason. After getting the household off to summer camp and work I got on the phone with COX to ask them the ever elusive question of “what the ***!” After speaking with a high number of doltish moronic representatives I was finally transferred to the credit department. The credit departments response boils down to “oops, so sorry, this debit is our fault, but we will refund your money in 5 to 7 days”. It has always amazed my how they can withdraw funds overnight but it takes an act of congress to put the stolen money back. It is now Wednesday and still the account sits empty of the $600+ so I being proactive decide to call them and check on the progress. The all new doltish representative tells me they are waiting on the collection of the cable boxes to even process the “oops, so sorry, this debit is our fault, but we will refund your money in 5 to 7 days” deposit. When I exclaim, in a slightly panicked and pissed off state, you have your *** boxes and remotes I am once again placed on hold. After what felt like 10 minutes, she came back with the comment of “oh, here they are. We can process your refund now”. It is everything I can do to maintain my composer and not release a tirade of expletives and adjectives that would probably just make her ears bleed. Now, maybe to you $600+ is not that much money but to our household it was to cover groceries, gasoline and the power bill for the house let alone a little bit a cushion till payday. Now I find myself pawing through the pantry looking for anything I can put together and call dinner (in the looses sense of the word) and coasting the best I can if I have to drive anywhere to save every drop of gas I can till either COX replaces the money they stole or payday, which ever comes first. Thank you for reading my rant and I hope at the very least you do not sign up for autopay with COX. (Or cancel before it’s too late).

It sounds like there may be some un-returned equipment involved in this situation. If you cancel services by phone the equipment in use gets charged to your account automatically however once returned will be credited back. If this is not the case or you still require assistance with anything please email us at coxhelp@cox.com.

-Chris

@CoxHelp

That was the point. All the equipment WAS returned.

Nice try with your comment though.

Thanks CoxHelp for the comment how many years later?... somehow the huge delay seems typical for you.

View more comments (1)
Cox Communications Tv Service

Cox Cable Orange County CA

Cox Cable in Orange County, CA is the worst customer service you will ever find. They should consider making a seminar for how to turn customer service into *** on earth. Nobody can do this better than Cox. Their CSR's will NOT let you speak to a manager, trust me I tried. They will transfer you another rep acting as a manager and just do a talk off. Their tech's will TRASH your home without a problem. When you call them and advise them of your newly destroyed wall paint, they are as caring as a bag full of dead cats. BE ADVISED, IF YOU EXPECT ANY CUSTOMER SERVICE FROM THEM THEY WILL GLEEFULLY SPIT IN YOUR FACE WITH EXTREME PREJUDICE AND TELL YOU TO HAVE A NICE DAY!

there will not be a another cable company is south orange county. fcc is in charge of all that stuff.

att/verizon/direct tv/dish are all available in certain areas. there are only select apartments that have contracts with either cox or att or directtv stating the tenant can only receive their tv service. you people need to stop feeling so entitled and that you're always correct.

just because you're a customer doesn't mean you're always right. its not a monopoly.

I've had cox internet almost my whole life and have had very few issues. Internet speeds always fluctuate from customer to customer.

More than likely you have a piece of *** computer with a ton of viruses, an outdated modem or one that is about dead(intermittent now probably), or simply just have a technician come to your house and they can assist from there. For $50 you should be receiving there preferred speed or premier(if you're only a discount) and you should be getting at least 15mbps or 25(prem).

I agree with Debbie. I'm in Mission Viejo and COX must monopoly in this area.

They're the only one providing internet service to our building. I've tried AT&T, Verizon, etc, but no one else supplies internet here. So we have to pay $50.- for 768kbs max download speed. We're lucky if we even get 300+ which isn't even consistant, it's rediculous.

Everytime you call, there happens to be a hub down somewhere and a technitioan is working on it. Where's the compitition here?!?

We have Cox Cable here in RI and the Customer Service sucks. The reps are rude and they lied about how much I would be paying for my monthly service. Thank god Verizon started cable service I switched to them as soon I my contract was up........The longest 2 years of my life.

I absolutely agree. COX is the worst on earth. How can a company be so horrendous at servicing its customers? I literally called over 25 in the space of a week to get a service transferred. THEY STILL GOT IT WRONG!!!

It is unbelievable that they are still in business and we stand for this kind of incompetence.

It's high time we as consumers started voting with our feet and wallets.

#21908

I agree. They advertise what great customer service they have, and they don't even have someone there 24/7.

What year is this.

We need to get rid of the cable monopoly in South Orange County and get some real cable competition going. I though monopolies were illegal.

View more comments (5)
ID
#119828 Review #119828 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Irvine, California

COX Highly skilled Tech

I called COX and informed them that I would no longer need their service because of 10.00 increase that would be attached to my bill. They explained that it was because of increases that I did not have part in in the past 2 years because of my promotion. They stated I would be bumped up to their fastest internet service. I told them I didn't want it if it increased in my 189.00 bundle. I then called QWEST and recieved a new bundle 139.00. QWEST came 3 days later along with DIRECT TV hooking my services. Two weeks later a COX tech came to my home explained that he was to disconnect the cable from the pole behind my home. The tech put a ladder against my house and cut the telephone cable coming out of the QWEST box marked clearly. I called COX and informed them of what happened to the phone line. I informed them that they had no right to cut anything attached to my home QWEST put in their own lines all the way from the pole. They were very rude real *** They refused to fix stating the line belonged to them. The tech although he asked permission to access the pole in my yard did not have permission to vandle the lines on my house, nor did he inform me that he had just cut the lines coming out of the QWEST box. He just left. COX told me after 3hours of waiting to tell QWEST to repair it.

Left direct tv for Cox TV,phone and wireless bundle.ACox tech arrived and got the tv part of bundle working.He was supposed to call and finish the install,claiming server problems in Atlanta,he never called back.I set up wireless and phone service myself.Ineeded the phone at a different room.Another tech showed up and ran acable using bare wires,no rj11 only 2 twisted wires.My wireless service stopped working.He claimed my eqipment was faulty and he had no knowledge of computers.I could not setup wireless anymore after phone line was moved.I've been in computer field for 30yrs.My laptop connects fine in other locations away from my home.Cox needs real techs. that don't leave customer site until all works.Recieved my first bill and still no wireless connection at home.Cox:hire real techs!

#19131

Actually, he did have a right to cut your cable lines. They are Cox property not yours.

When you signed up for service, the fine print stated that they have FULL access to your house in regards to their property. As for cutting your QWEST lines, that is a different story. When I worked in the legal department for Cox in Kansas, we had problems with SBC attaching their lines right next to Cox lines because the HOT POINT had already been established by Cox, so there was not as much work to be done. When our techs went out, they cut all the lines going into the house through our established HOT POINT since these were supposed to be Cox lines not SBC lines.

At this point, it was SBC's responsibility to re-establish their lines since they illegally entered into the house through another companies hot point. Not say you are wrong, but you can't be so quick to say it is Cox's fault just because you are upset about a rate increase.

View more comments (1)
Phoenix, Arizona
Cox Communications Bundle

Read Your Bill Carefully

I have had Cox for almost 4 years now. (cable, internet and phone). I use this company because I have no other choice in my area. They know this and I believe they use this to their advantage. I am overcharged, billed for equiment and services that I don't have or use. I have gotten into arguments with them several times, but their attitude is "You owe us and if you don't like it, then cancel". Hello? I would have cancelled 3 1/2 years ago if there was another option. PLEASE READ YOUR BILL EVERY MONTH VERY CAREFULLY!!

Cox cable has to be the worst out there, I have cable, internet, and phone. 2 of the services work well, but the internet is constantly going down.

When i call them about this they say that they need to send a tech out, two of the times they came out no charge, but the problem still was not fixed, the third time they charged me $30, and still the problem wasn't solved. When i called them about this they said this was a standard fee, and i had to pay it. After a very long and drawn out call speaking to about 5 people i finally got the charge reversed.

I have told them i want to get out of my contract because of this and they just say you have service, but just a little inconveinced.On top of this the company violated their end of the contract by raising my rate by $10.00.So on top of having very bad product, and customer service, i have to pay $10 more for it. :eek

check my cable bill

I have just gotten off the phone with Direct TV and have gone round and round about moving. I moved 6 months ago.

Called them and changed bill, but they did not change the address like they were supposed to, therefore the address was the old one. I moved from one apartment to the other one. The first guy said I would be charged a $99.00 + $19.00 for my move now because it had not been 6 months. I told him it had been 6 months.

Then he said he could give me a $50.00 voucher. I told him no. Then I told him I wanted to talk to the supervisor. She got on the phone and said it would be only 1 move per year and the charges would be added.

I asked her where this information was. She said on their website, yet I never found it and she never did either (dah). I told her that I wanted to talk to her supervisor. I was put on hold and told she didn't know how long it would be.

She came back on the line. She said she would try to overide the computer and see if she could get these charges out. Also, I would have to extend the contract. I told her this must be another way that they got over on people.

I asked how much would it be to get out of the contract and she said $225.00. Then she came back and told me it would be 24 to 48 hours before someone would be able to call me back (her supervisor). This is such a rip off. My mom has Dish and never has a problem.

DO NOT GO WITH DIRECT. THEY ARE A RIP OFF!!!!!

View more comments (2)
San Diego, California

Cable services degraded by Cox Communications

I had a basic cable services from Cox communications -Cox cable from Feb 07 till date (Jan 08). I was able to see 90 channels and suddenly from last day -26 Jan, it only showed up 23 channels. When inquired the company representative told me that they provided me 90 chanels by mistake and they reverted back and if I want them back I need to pay another 22$ + tax on top of 100$ monthly payment made by me for bundle services. This is plain cheating on the consumer of degrading the services and asking more money. Uncle Sam please help.

You were getting more than you were paying for, they realized the error and corrected it. What's your problem?

Chandler, Arizona
Cox Communications Bundle
Loss

Cox Cable in Arizona is NOT ready for the digital age

FOR ONE YEAR, we have repeatedly requested Cox Cable to repair the "tiling" on our cable service, and address the poor internet and phone connections. FOR ONE YEAR, we have waited paitently to have these issues resolved by Cox Cable. FOR ONE YEAR, Cox cable has told us the the problem should be fixed and there should be no problems. FOR ONE YEAR, we have missed many television programs due to the poor service from Cox Cable. FOR ONE YEAR, we have surfed the web with internet services from Cox Cable that compare to most dial up services. FOR ONE YEAR, Cox Cable has continued to send us a bill for these services that can not seem to be repaired. NO MORE. COX CABLE IS NOT READY FOR THE DIGITAL AGE.
Cox Communications Internet Service

I am PISSED at COX Communication

I am always paying more than I have too for the crapy service I get. I mean my bill is well over $150 a month and I only have the basic phone, internet. and one premium channel. Now I pay more for cox than gas for my car. and that suxs alot. They are run by care less people who all they want is money well if they keep on sucking the money out the people eventually we are gonna give them a big stick to suck on. They are over the top with the ridiculous service, the only department that is nice and kisses *** is the sales department, and that is because they are usually trying to lubbe you up with a new product, or packet with their lame excuse that is "THAT WILL SAVE YOU MONEY" it really doesnt. This is why I am negotiating a good oll satelite T>V now that is really cheap even ppv are cheapper than in cox. and the hd tv. is better than cox. ANd yahoo high speed internet is great and faster than cox. voyage phone or what ever is cheaper than ever. so i do save alot of money by going away from cox, now if you love cox dont get offended but you are getting lubbbbed up for that service.
Cox Communications Tv Service