Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Cox Communications in Chandler, Arizona - Charged for services not delivered

Cox communications has been charging me for a faster level of internet than the modem is capable of delivering - for 7 years plus. They admit the problem and offer a $50 credit - which is equal to about 2 months of the over charge. They customer service supervisor told me a manager would call within 48 hours - no call. I called back and they made the same offer and promised a call back - still no call. I know it's a stall tatic hoping I will cool off - I won't. I will report them, sue them, bad mouth them and look for alternate service providers.
Cox Communications Internet Service

Cox Communications in Rochester, New York - Have used Cox internet for years in AZ.This year must have 2 ids to install.

Cox Communications will not install our internet at the rv resort we have stayed at for the past 2 winters.There has never been a problem until this year.They insist I show them 2 pieces of id. I'm calling from the state of Washington.it's not like I can just drop by.They have our past records, which show we have always paid our bill and stayed at the same place. I believe snowbirds are getting ripped off by Cox. We're USA citizens. Maybe they don't need our money.Discrimination against snowbirds!!They made no effort to settle this dispute.I was told that was their policy and they were sticking to it.
Cox Communications Internet Service
I called COX cable in Omaha on behalf of my mother-in-law about the Big Ten Network being moved to their basic or "Essentials" package. It was my understanding that there wasn't to be any additional charges since it was being added to the package she already had....

I agree 110% with you man...I live in OK...tried to get the BTN channel here because I am a Husker Fan..they wanted me to pay $140 for a package that had the BTN in it....I was mad! Cox is the monopoly around here, so they can do whatever they want...grrrrrr

Product
Cox Communications Receiver
Loss

Cox Communications in Trabuco Canyon, California - Unreliable & Slow

Cox Internet is unreliable and slow. We are promised 12Mbps download speeds and barely get 5Mbps (and that's on a good day when no one else in the neighborhood is on the internet). We pay $47/month for their terrible service. If you call Cox tech support to complain about the speed and intermittent connection issues they immediately blame your computer, your router, or the lines in your house. After 3 visits and replacing the fittings outside our house twice and their modem we are still at only 6.5 Mbps. Occasionally we might hit 9, but that is only when no one else in the neighborhood is on line. They can't deliver the speeds they promise because they don't have enough nodes in our neighborhood and they won't admit it. If there was another service provider offering cable internet we would switch, but they have a monopoly on this service in our area.

Totally worthless slow internet indeed! Their cable feed is terrible too!

Tons of interruptions and "sorry we're having difficulties" error messages ALL THE TIME!

AT&T is a terrible company for cellular and any kind of customer service but U-Verse is amazing and their internet is great. *** COX COMMUNICATIONS, anally with a shotgun!

I am so pissed right now I can't see straight. Cox cable is the most unreliable internet service provider I have ever dealt with.

I wish AT&T would get off their rearends and run their extreme dsl to our region. Even so, with Bell South controlling everything for them in this area, we are unlikely ever to see the improvements in technology that we need across Georgia.

I thank you so much for writing this. Its exactly what I came here to say. But because I use cox communications its taken since early July to get this page to load.

View more comments (2)
Cox Communications Internet Service
Getting any help from this company is bad news. Very nice when they want your business but once a customer...forget it. The make you wait on the phone for an ungodly period of time. We had asked them to change a problem that we had and they gave us the run around as...
#521915

:( cox has unbelievable bad customer service. I hate this company they don't care about you as a customer!

View more comments
Review

Cox Communications in Omaha, Nebraska - Told me to use volume control for a loud fan

I have Cox cable. My cable box broke after 4 months of use. Went to Cox store and brought home another Cox digital cable box. Hooked up unit. After using the "new" box for 3 hours, I noticed the fan on the cable box was loud. I called Cox to complain. I was told three times by the Cox customer service rep to use the volume control button to turn down the fan noise. Really? When I told him this was crazy, he told me to turn off my Cox cable box if the noise bothers me. Really? Great customer service.

I'm sorry to hear you had a bad experience with the new cable box and getting assistance with it. Feel free to email me at coxhelp@cox.com and I'd be happy to assist any way I can.

Cox Communications in San Diego, California - Cox Communication

Don't get Cox Communication! Calling is a hold game! I called to order service and some genius typed in our two units as one and now only one of us can get service. It has taken more than 10 days to get anyone to call me back and I am still waiting. I have been a customer of Cox for over 25 years and I move and now I can't get service from them or even a call back. But the unit on the same property have all Cox services but the house in the front that pays the Electical bill, water, sewage, and rent can't get the service because one of their employees have bad typing skills...administrative error two houses cannot be a roommate situation. Useless companies such as Cox and AT&T need some real competition!

I'm terribly sorry you experience problems in getting service established at your new address. If you need any assistance with this feel free to email me at coxhelp@cox.com and I'll see what I can do to get this resolved for you.

Review

Cox Communications in San Diego, California - AT&T U-Verse you can cancel...?

AT&T UVerse is a total rip off...I moved and was on the phone informing them that I moved and the new residence were on the phone acquiring new service so they cancelled my contract because the new tenants told them to...while I was on the phone changing the service. WOW what a scam, now I am being charged for cancelling the service (I did not cancel) and lets not discuss the amount of time they put me on hold. Then told me I had to pay $199.00 to get it transferred, then pay another $65.19, the, pay 202.75 if I want AT&T Uverse back and after all that, they still would not restore service and now they want me to pay $435.00 returned equipment and now AT&T I am so done with them!
etal00

"George"

It IS AT&T's fault. As a large business corporation, they should know how to handle such issues with one hand tied behind their back.

But they don't care about customers, just their money. So they make promises about their 'wonderful' products and services, hoping you get suckered in. The truth is they have serious management degradation stemming from pressure to make bigger profits. The biggest cost in any business is its labor force.

So they reduce the labor force, hire people in cheaper, and don't invest in the workforce.

Add the younger generation that have autocratic attitudes, low ethic standards, and juvenile politiking, you have an inner circle of workers totally clueless how they should be treating the customers that feed their paychecks. Yes -- it IS AT&T's fault.

The customer is always right, wrong...

If you like being treated like a second class citizen/ customer, ATT is the provider for you.

If you only desire to speak to automated telephone support, ATT is the provider for you.

If you enjoy the inablility to settle any sort of dispute whatsoever, ATT is the provider for you.

If you're enamored by offensive and threatening business letters, ATT is the provider for you.

God forbid you should decide to upgrade your services with them because they'll continue charging you for both the old services and new ones.

After 6 prision-like years of services (if you know what i mean), I'm sending it all back. Good riddance.

ATT, this is my last act as a paying customer, and it's only befitting that I let everyone know how wonderful you are!

Regards,

Hope ATT fires you Dimitrious from Sales, Service and Billing (phone click)

That is all your own fault. You should have informed them of your move before hand. Sorry, your problem is not ATT but you.

View more comments (2)
Review

Cox Communications in Dallas, Texas - I don't even have Cox service!

I HATE cox communications! I don't even have cox service, I have AT&T (a normal provider) but I spend all my time dealing with Cox's drama. First the people that lived in our house before us made the poor life choice of getting Cox service. So after we'd been there for awhile we got a notice on our door saying that we stole cable. We have not even had cable once since we've lived here; it's not even hooked up. So I called and told them everything and they said that's just their standard message! And I was like "your standard message is to accuse people of cable theft?!" Then there was a storm and the line went down but not all the way down in our front yard. So even though we don't even have cox and they won't come get their *** box off my house I have their line hanging in my front yard. When I called to report the down line I got transferred around and waited on hold for 10 years. I hate them and everyone should switch to AT&T!!!!

If you've called them, and aren't a customer, you've done your part. You have no contractual agreement with them, and therefore no obligation to their line or equipment.

Cut the coax at the pole and toss it. Remove any other equipment and trash that too...assuming that you own the house, if you don't own the house (renting) then just leave the box alone- if they won't come and get it, don't worry about it.

Yes I totally agree with you. I cant wait to either move to a place where this so called company isnt everywhere or until another company comes here.

I NEVER had trouble with Verizon DSL for my internet AND IT NEVER went down like Cox does weekly. Tonght their cable is out. Nice,. I love paying for something I dont have.

They SUCK in the worst way and I am looking for a different carrier. Period.

View more comments (1)
Review

Cox Communications in Aliso Viejo, California - Company a Scam and customer service a Scam

We moved, ordered 2 receivers, only received 1. For 5 months my husband, the account holder has tried to fix. Every time he calls customer service, he is on hold for hours it seems and them some undereducated Cox robot promises him they are working on it, will credit us $ for the box we never received but nothing happens - 5 months!! My husband refuses to call, so I tried today, was refused since I wasn't on account. So asked if they have a record of calls, they said yes, I said did you notice that you were supposed to call my husband back? NO COMMENT...just silence...then I conferenced my poor husband in so I could get authorization, which he gave and customer service acknowledged, then COX dropped the call!!!!! Can you believe it??? So I call back, cannot speak to same person, since they are in another country - SCAM !! So I ask for Manager, get put on hold for hours, then out of frustration - hang up!! They SUCK as a company and are happily collecting our money for something they know they DID NOT DELIVER, they have records, yet legally they get away with it!!! If you miss payment to them what happens??? WE ARE SWITCHING TO DIRECT TV TODAY AND SO SHOULD YOU!!!!!!

I'm terribly sorry for any problems you have experienced with your Cox services. If you would like to email me at coxhelp@cox.com I can investigate what happened for you.

--CoxTech1

OOps sorry I put your name in wrong area!

Because we are trying to retrieve our money!! At this point we don't care and are definitely moving on. Thanks javascript:ac_smilie(':zzz')

nikalseyn

Why in the world would you continue with a company delivering such poor customer service?? Cancel them out immediately and go with satellite or AT&T, etc. Good grief!!!

View more comments (3)