cox service customer customer service internet cable bill phone cox cable services

Cox Communications-Use at your own risk

I moved from somewhere with Comcast to somewhere with Cox. The service was terrible from day 1 (down to an agent calling me a *** under her breath). I am extremely patient with people, but the service is the worst of any company I've ever dealt with. They couldn't connect service due to a broken down car in front of the pole. They had no answer for it, just "too bad". I had already paid a $170 deposit and first month. This has been 3 weeks, it was on a debt card that was charged within 1 second. I have gone in, called about 15 times, been refused to speak to a manager, and still no money. I am sure at this point I will never see that money again. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY! THEY ARE COMMON THEIFS!! Do whatever it takes to avoid them; satellite, PC wireless card (which is what I did), or steal it! ***, they stole from me!!
Review
#193844 Review #193844 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Loss

Run!! | Cox Communications review from Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

Installer didnt show up tried to move service that was two weeks called DTV checking as to when installer would show up between 8 and 12 that was at 11 called at 1:30 when showing up will in 30 mins called at 4:00 spk with supervisor dont know when call first time it move the time two more hours out ? then told me could install for 30 days if and when i get service i will have to stay for one more year and will go back to cox worst company ever the dumbest people i have ever seen
Review
#191805 Review #191805 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Cox Communications-Business

About 8 months ago I was forced (by Cox) to get a business account due to the large volume of emails (group emails) that I send to business clientele. Since the institution of the new account I've had no less than 5 or 6 times where my email service has been shut down....apparently by your "Spam House". I've followed all directions given by their Tech team (I'm sure I've spoken to everyone there) and today I'm having the same issues again. Supervisor Tracy has sent another (4th or 5 time) message to the Atlanta Email "team" for a quick resolution to todays issue. (Last time this happened it took 5 days to fix the issue). I'm wondering why I was forced to get a business account when Cox is not allowing me to do business ?

I apologize for any problems sending emails with your Cox account. If you still need help getting this issue resolved please feel free to email me at hrd-hsi.newsgroups@cox.com.

--CoxTech1

Review
#191366 Review #191366 is a subjective opinion of poster.

COX CABLE | Cox Communications review from Pensacola, Florida

I called cox cable to ask for a two day extension on my bill. They said no and where really rude and ugly and said if I didn't come pay them right then in cash, they would cut my service off. So i went to the bank leaving my dying dog which is why i needed two more days to pay so I could take her to the vet and went and paid them. MY dog died the next day in my arms. I totally blame cox for her death and I remind them every month. She was my heart. BH PENSACOLA fl.

You DO know that you can live without cable, correct? When times are hard that should be the first bill you let slide. If you seriously paid for cable tv instead of your ailing pet then you don't deserve a pet.

Review
#191359 Review #191359 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Cox customer service is terrible | Cox Communications review from National City, California

Please join me in condeming Cox Communication. They are trying to become a monopoly in the Cable TV, Internet, and Phone world. In San Diego, the have the market cornered on MLB, so I have to stay with them if I want to see my home team. We need more choices, not COX! Their customer service claims to be the best, but they are not even close. Their equipment is low tech compared to others (Tivo), and is very unreliable. I am on my 4th HD DVR and it still crashes about every two days. Its slow to respond, it needs resetting about every day, they are basically pieces of ***. If you are lucky enough to get through when you call, customer support is terrible. You get some tech who might have been selling vacuums door-to-door the week before; or at least it seems like that is their skill level. They always give you canned answers, with canned procedures, that never work. Their phone system consists of a computer generated lady's voice that they want you to talk to so they can "get you to the right person". The thing rarely understands you and when it does send you somewhere, if it doesn't hang up on you first, its almost always the wrong place. Once you are sent, you might as well take a nap, because no one will answer for a long time. When I do get someone on the phone, they are usually very professional, but by the time I do get someone, I have been through so much BS, that I am already pissed off. Then when they send someone out to your house, they are not Cox people, they are independent contractors. They are usually nice and do a good job, but you have to be home on a week day during normal working hours and you have to block out 2 hours. I guess they think all their customers are independently wealthy and don't have to work.

Yes they do F*cken suck I just finsih talking to a Representative and they were so disrespectful _____-

It has now been over two weeks since cox ruptured my pipe for my sprinkler system. I’ve call them more then five times and received numerous excuses but no action.

View more comments (1)
Service
Cox Communications Tv Service
Loss

Cox Sucks!!! | Cox Communications review from Mission Viejo, California

Wisest thing I did was dump Cox Telephone services,...I would pick up the phone and not have a dial tone countless times..sometimes for an hour,...sometimes for days..had them out countless times...all sorts of excuses, all sorts of ***...but when it comes to an emergency..what the heck would we have been able to do..not being able call out or even recieve a call in!!! UNBELIEVEABLE!!! Why I have held on to the Internet Services so long...,LOL, I will never know...high Speed???That's a joke isn't it? HORRIBLE TECHS on the PHONE...even WORSE are the techs they send to your home who blame the BLACK HOLE in their SERVICES on everything but themselves. My advice...go with anyone else other than COX..!!

Cox has horrible customer service and begins with the ceo Pat eEser and his flunkies. Was told they were going to send me to corporate security and ban me for life. Like I am scared ,you people suck, please ban me .

THey are even worse to work for... like serving a life sentence. But it is a job.

WANT HORRIBLE SERVICE??? go to Cox!!

WANT TO BE OVER CHARGED...go to Cox!!

WANT TO NEVER BE ABLE TO DEPEND ON YOUR INTERNET PROVIDED...GO TO COX!

WANT TO GET SCREWED...GO TO COX!!

COX SERVICES IS HORRIBLE!!!

COX IS HORRIBLE!!!!!

COX SHOULD BE PUT OUT OF BUSINESS!!!!

COX DOES NOT CARE ABOUT ANYTHING BUT THEIR BOTTOM LINE!!!!

I want other consumers to know; COX IS A HORRIBLE INTERNET PROVIDER!!! SPOTTY SEVICE as another person complained of here doesn't even discribe it!

They have come to my home countless times to correct the problem...they always send *** "tech guys" who are so disconnected and bored and uninterested in correcting the problem...it is unbelieveable!! They DO NOT FUFILL their contract for providing services! They do not care how much they inconvience you, they will devour your time, energy and resources while you tear your hair out trying to get quick resolution.

THEY ARE HORRIBLE!!!!! COX SUCKS!!!!

View more comments (4)
Review

Cox "Lack of" Customer Service | Cox Communications review from San Bruno, California

For the past few months, Cox Communications has increased my monthly service fee each month. When I contacted their (lack of) Customer Service, the attitude of their agent was "our fees have gone up... deal with it" - when I asked to speak with a manager, I was told "they're just going to tell you the same thing". I received an automated email response from Cox telling me that they "care" about their customers and that someone would get back with me - that was several days ago and to date, nobody has attempted to respond. Why is it that there is one ONE cable service provider for my area? If my memory serves me, I had thought that MONOPOLIES were against the law.

Oh and My favorite part, as the 'customer' is screaming at me, when you say that you might as well go to another company. I do not care.

Trust me, you would get a lot more credits and things like that if you were nice. Once you are rude and complain about everything, I don't care about helping you anymore because your probably just a terrible person anyway.

They are still going to get paid the same whether you leave the company or not, by all means, if your never going to call back again... go ahead.

I absolutely love how they have a website for people to come on and complain about everything! It's great!

I also love when people decide to call in acting like complete jerks who don't realize that when if you call in with an attitude because your tv has a little bit of tiling and now your life is ruined because you can't sit on the couch, eat and watch tv; that the voice on the other line in technical support is actually a person, and that you most probably ruin their day a little bit more. I guarantee if you treat them like people(like the people who call in supposedly are, even though they act disgusting) then you will get a lot more help and empathy. You really find out how horrible people truly are, and how they were obviously not raised to have manners and courtesy. I just want to be like "seriously?" I cant fathom that people are so ignorant and dumb.

I would expect the same thing from teenagers and children but these are grown women and men. I just hope that when you rude and fowl people decide you need to take your anger out on the technical support rep who is just there to help you and get your 'issue' resolved, that your ignorance, language and just plain hostile ways probably ruined someone else's day.

I would much rather have no internet service then have to hear these jerks again. So you try it for a day, and then have the heart to call in and act the disgusting way that you do.

View more comments (1)
Review

Cox Cable - Lying & Apathy | Cox Communications review from Centreville, Virginia

My wife, two month old baby, and I moved into our new home this weekend. We called Cox to arrange for the installation of our cable service, and were given an installation window of 3-5PM. 5 PM arrived, and nobody had shown up. My wife called, and was told by the representative that the technician was on his way to our house, and should be there in a few minutes. He even went so far as to say that he was "tracking" him and assured her that he was driving to our house. So we said okay and waited a bit more, since it was only a few minutes past the estimate. Only we waited, and waited, and waited. Fast forward and it's now about 7:30 PM. We blew past the baby's bath time. We didn't go out to pick up dinner. We didn't run to the stores and do the errands we needed to with the move. I called the customer service number and got a voice mail greeting saying Cox's offices were now closed, and to call tomorrow, so we decided to finally go out. We took the baby to my mother's, so that she could get to bed and we could finally run the errands we put off for the last 4.5 hours. When leaving, we saw a van pulling to our house. It was almost comedic. We made a U-turn and went back to the house, just happy for the eventual installation. Here's where I get angry. The technician, while installing the cable, told us that the representative at Cox LIED to my wife. There was no tracking, the rep had never spoken with the tech, and the tech didn't tell him he was on his way to our house. In fact, he didn't call dispatch until after 6PM, well after my wife's call. I was incredibly disappointed to hear that we were lied to, and wasted all of our evening based on such disrespect and disregard. So the weekend passed and I called today, to alert customer service of the fact that representatives are making things up and completely lying to- not misleading, but telling blatant untruths- customers. Perhaps to no surprise, the "supervisor" who spoke to me was completely apathetic to the story. He treated me as if I was asking for a handout (which I was not... at no point did I ask for anything other than respect and an apology), and then with the most ridiculously condescending tone explained how "if you divide your bill by 30 you get like $4 a day and the $20 credit we're offering you is much more". I'm an MBA- I can divide. I also spent about six years in undergraduate and graduate business schools learning that it's sometimes good practice for an organization to not treat its customers like pieces of *** to be taken advantage of and wholly disregarded. It's maddening how he didn't get it, and fought to convince me I was being irrational because I was complaining about having my moving day destroyed like this and my wife being lied to. Oh, and the proverbial cherry on top: the installation was messed up, and our upstairs cable didn't work. Had to have it fixed the next day. If you can, just get FIOS. I don't even trust Cox to disconnect my service without hosing it up or being dishonest with the transaction.
Service
Cox Communications Installation

Poor Customer service, overcharged, No help | Cox Communications review from Irvine, California

Decided to upgrade to DVR service and take advantage of a promotion. They had no DVR receivers for pickup at the locale office for 2 weeks finally was able to get one and they said the promotion was over. They gave me the DVR and said to try calling customer service. I called customer service and was told to bad. Now the promotion is back on 2 months later and the still won't honer it. I pay $160 a month and this is how they treat me. I'll be looking for satellite now. Save yourself the headache and just go with satellite.
Review
I'm not a Cox customer, and based on their marketing campaigns, I'm glad I'm not. I'm neutral about this, since I don't pay them for anything, but I would be pissed if I did. I sent Cox a letter/email about my issue, and they responded, then I...

Having been a customer for over 35 years, I’m extremely disappointed with Cox Cable in several areas. I’m paying $260 per month for a “Bundle”, really?

Where is my “Bundle” savings? Oh, that’s right, I have to call EVERY YEAR to get my “Bundle” price reduced. I enjoy ACC sports and Cox can’t reach an agreement with the new ACC Network, at $260 a month I can’t get ACC Network games! Customer service has been well below par but the so is just about every other cable carrier.

It is time in the Roanoke Va area as well as other markets to open the door to competition in the cable industry.

I’m sure I will be changing my service but will be forced to stay on their cable internet. Frustrated, D Hall

View more comments