6601 Hawkinsville Rd, Macon, GA 31216, USA
1.7

I have been a customer of Cox Communications for over 5 years.On or around May 22, 2017, I called their technical support line because I was having a technical issue with my DVR box.

The representative, unsolicited, told me about a customer loyalty package that she wanted to offer me because I had been a customer for over 5 years. Ultimately, I was quoted at $124.99 plus tax for internet, television, and phone service. This would have amounted to a reduction of approximately $40 from the bill I was paying for television and internet. I EXPLICITLY asked her to confirm that my other services, such as DVR and HBO, were included in this $124.99 plus tax quote.

She acknowledged that yes, it did. When I went to pay the bill, I was shocked to see that the total charges were a staggering $232.05. The amount I was paying previously was about $185 per month. Clearly, I never would have consented to a change in services for any increase in price.

I accepted the change because it would result in a reduction in my monthly bill. Thus, I called Cox to resolve on July 5th and 6th. I spent well over 2 hours on the phone talking to 5 different representatives. The first two acknowledged seeing the notes on my account regarding the quote.

The second rep collected the $145 payment from me, which was the rough estimate of the $124.99 plus taxes and fees. However, upon being transferred to the billing and then to the "Loyalty / Retention" departments, Cox took a very different tone. They stated that the $124.99 was the base rate and did not include the DVR and other services that I already had. They refused to reduce the bill or even restore my services to the way they were prior without penalties and fees.

Furthermore, they said they could not bring my monthly charges back to the $185 I was paying before this whole thing even happened, saying that the rate that I had before was now lost and gone forever. In fact, I was told that my charges would increase to $245 if they were to remove the pointless landline telephone service, and I would have to pay an $88 termination fee. This was a classic bait and switch. They made fraudulent representations to me in order to get me to consent to making changes in my services and now they will not honor the quote nor will they let me go back to the way things were before.

Even more infuriating is that if I were to simply cancel service altogether, they are going to goon me with a bunch of termination fees. The first 4 reps said that they would listen to the tapes from the May 22nd conversation to confirm what I was told over the phone.

However, the "loyalty" rep said no such tapes exist.It all seems very fishy to me.

Review about: Cox Communications Bundle.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

I liked: Being a customer for years until billing makes a mistake.

I didn't like: Wasting my time, Fraudulent billing schemes.

Had an Experience with Cox Communications?

Comments

Be the first to start a discussion