Verified Reviewer

1.5
Poster decreased review rating.

I have been a Cox customer for over 10 years. Unfortunately, there are no other alternatives but Verizon Fios is working on coming to our area.

We have had issues with the cable service and had 4 technicians come to try and fix the problem but at the end, the only to ensure decent service, according to the tech who came last was for us to get contour. He spoke to his supervisor and got us contour for free, in order to improve the service. Once my "promotional" package was over, Cox added to my bill the cost of having contour. When I explained to the rep over the phone, they refused to remove it and said there is nothing they can do!

This is just the beginning! Last year, the Cox rep in retention I spoke to, to me that in order for me to ensure that this promotional package is good, he can give it to me for a 2 year plan and that way I do not have to deal with it. I agreed. 1 year later, Cox increased my bill and absolutely refuses to discuss it.

The company has gone from bad to worst. They know that due to COVID 19 a lot of people rely on internet service for work from home. And to top it off, since for the time being, they are the only cable company to provide service, they have rude and condescending reps in retention department. This show the character of a company; ruthless!

I am now looking into various options, even if I have to pay more, as this is a company, I do not want to give my money to. I have spoken to friends who left this company for precisely the same thing. It looks like the company has stopped trying to be courteous and decent to their customers. To be a customer for over 10 years, no longer means anything to this company!

Too bad!

Before you sign up with Cox, please find alternatives. Cox is no longer the same company it used to be when I first signed up with them.

User's recommendation: Look for other alternatives!

Product or Service Mentioned: Cox Communications Contour Tv Package.

Preferred solution: For Cox to honor the agreement I had about keeping the promotional package price for 2 years; as suggested initially by their own rep and that I agreed upon, a year ago!.

Cox Communications Pros: Cox was our only choice until now, When it works.

Cox Communications Cons: Poor service, Customer service talks down to customers, Defrauds customer with unannounced surcharges, Unhelpfulness, Non-responsive tier 2 techs.

Comments