Coverage Area
Style and Design

Hi Mr, Wise,

I have been a Cox customer on and off for at least the past 10 years. I have spoken to customer service, escalations, collections, and billing on this issue and I have unable to get it resolved. I am reaching out to you in an attempt to resolve this issue.

In 2011 I was a customer of Cox in Chandler, AZ with TV/Internet service. When I cancelled my service due to moving to a location without Cox service I was contacted by a Cox employee in the area who offered to pick up the Cox cable box that had to be returned. I later was informed that he was a contractor for Cox. He picked up the box and gave me a hand written receipt. Approximately a year later in 2012 I was contacted by a collections agency informing me of a balance of $527 due to unreturned equipment. I still had the receipt so I went to a Cox store in Tempe, AZ to clear up the issue. The employee at the store was given a copy of the receipt and told me that the Cox contractor who picked up the box inverted a couple numbers when he wrote the serial number on the receipt. I was cleared of collections at that time since Cox was satisfied and proof was provided.

In 2014 I was again contacted by a different collections agency and asked to pay $527 for unreturned equipment. I contacted Cox customer service and explained what happened in 2011/2012 and the collection was erased.

In September of 2017 I was contacted by another collections agency and again asked to pay for unreturned equipment... I contacted Cox again and was promised by the employee that this was the last time I would have to deal with this...

Last week, March 2018 I was contacted by Convergent Collections and told that Cox sent them my collection for $527 for unreturned equipment... last Thursday I was on the phone with Cox for 3 hours! Hung up on twice and called a liar by somebody in collections. I escalated the issue last Friday and told was contacted by Karen who informed me that there is no evidence to back up my claims and calling me a liar and I owe Cox for the unreturned equipment...

The equipment was returned as I have explained many times over the years. The issue I’m having now is I am purchasing a home and have $16,000 is escrow that I am in danger of losing thanks to this latest bogus collection! I do not know what to do at this point in time, my credit score which I worked so hard to raise up to buy my first home has dropped 70 points due to this issue... I am not paying for equipment that I returned and proved that I returned many years ago. No loyal customer deserves to be put through what I am being put through. I am a current Cox customer and over the years I have returned equipment 4 different times on different accounts I owned. I don’t know what the problem is with this time!

Review about: Cox Communications Bundle.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

Comments