I went into the Cox store near 51st and Mingo, in Tulsa, Ok. today to have my internet changed to try and save some money.

I take care of 3 Cox accounts, my parent, my oldest son's and my family. Two weeks ago, I went into the same Cox location to see about saving some money on the internet at my home. The gentleman I spoke with talked me into getting a better/faster internet for a few dollars more of what I was paying. So today, I took my oldest son up to Cox to get him the same deal, if we couldn't get him a lower price.

The first person that we met was a young man by the name of Jason. After telling him what we wanted to do, he kept telling me that we were not able to do that and if we lowered the internet speed it would only save my son $5. I also told him that I want to put my son's internet under his name. I had put under my name when he first moved into his apartment.

Jason then told us it would cost $20 to $30 to just do a name change. I told him that I wanted to speak to a manager. He then continues to talk back to me. I kept repeating that I wanted to talk to a manager.

Finally as he is walking off to get a manager he decides he wants to get the last word. At the top of his voice he exclaims "WOW"! Finally a manager named Dani comes to help us out. I tell her what I wanted to do and she also proceeds to tell me the same thing.

When I asked why I was not able to get the same deal I had gotten on my internet for my home, for my son. She says that offer has expired. I told my son just pay his bill and I would take care of this because this was totally uncalled for. He paid his bill and we left.

I sat out in the Cox parking lot and called Cox. Lo and behold, after talking with a person on the phone, I found out the the same deal that I had received was still available. In fact it was a dollar or two cheaper. So we left the Cox building in Tulsa.

Went to a sub branch and was able to finish our transaction. All of this could have and should have been done with one stop. I dropped my cable with Cox because of the customer service and inferior equipment they have. I went to Directv and have not had any issues to date.

When and if Directv is allowed to have internet service in our area, I will be getting rid of Cox for good. I hope that day comes soon.

Product or Service Mentioned: Cox Communications Account.

Reason of review: Being lied to. Reps do not know what specials their company have and have not.

Preferred solution: there is no solution. My time was wasted.

I liked: Leaving the store.

I didn't like: Rude customer service, Managers not even knowing their own promotions.

Comments