Mission Viejo, California

I am a senior and live in a Senior community.I've talked to other seniors in this community they have aired the same problem.

The cost of our cable bill has steadily increased. Many have dropped some services while others have tried to streamline the packages they order. I am sure seniors make up a large portion of Cox customer base. There should be a senior plan of some kind so they can continue to see programs they want eg.

sports, news, movies.I can see Cox losing a large amount of business because let's face it seniors cannot afford the price increases & bundles of useless programs because they are on fixed incomes.

Review about: Cox Communications Billing Department.

4.5
PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Pricing issue / Not specified
Preferred solution Price reduction

Had an Experience with Cox Communications?

Comments

Scottsdale, Arizona, United States #1202698

I agree the cost for seniors is expensive as I have basic internet and cable.

Valady
Annandale, Virginia, United States #1162258

Also many seniors living a lone have only their TV to keep them company but Cox is too greedy to help them keep their service when it comes to ...choosing between food, prescriptions, cable TV and or internet! Cox needs to do more for our seniors!

to Valady Las Vegas, Nevada, United States #1197913

I agree.

CoxHelp

We appreciate your taking the time to provide us your feedback regarding our rates.I am a customer as well so I completely

understand how important it is to keep a close eye on our budgets in this economy.

As we continue to invest in our business so that we can deliver the latest technological advances on our network and a wide array of products and services our customers want and need, we occasionally have to adjust rates.

Additionally, the network providers require us to frequently renegotiate contracts which often results in increased costs. While Cox tries to absorb most of these costs, sometimes it does require a small percentage of the cost to be passed on to customers.

Cox negotiates fiercely with programmers to keep wholesale programming costs at a minimum. Sometimes these battles get heated and programmers threaten to pull their signals from Cox’s video lineup. This tactic puts Cox in a difficult position, as our goal is to provide our customers with uninterrupted access to the television programs they enjoy.

Therefore, Cox continues to advocate for our customers during negotiations and keep programming costs from becoming so inflated while giving our customers access to the television shows they love to watch.

There are many options we can offer to help keep your rates as low as possible. One of these options is Price Lock. We'd be happy to review your account.

Please email us at cox.help@cox.com &...

Thank you, Dina B.

They only lure new customers with low attractive offers but no promo or discounted plan for loyal customers and even Seniors. They will only recommend you apply for lifeline for telephone discount.

VAlady
to Anonymous Annandale, Virginia, United States #1162255

But yet they give free internet or discounted prices for school age children on food stamps or in HUD housing! How many of these families do you think are Americans and legal citizens??? Willing to bet most are not!

William
to VAlady Las Vegas, Nevada, United States #1310850

Do you need to be racist and discriminatory because it is getting expensive for you to watch Archie Bunker's rants on TVLand?. I hope you'll get a discount but only when they install wi-fi in the cemetery where you will "unrest" you despicable soul.