I Just bought a new computer and am running Office 365; I like keeping all my mail in outlook, so as always, I was setting up my cox email to pull into Microsoft Outlook. The normal setup for the mail in outlook did not work, so I had to call them. The first line support tried, but could not help; he sent me to the next tier support. Not only was the next tier support unhelpful, but was also extremely arrogant and annoying. He asked a couple of questions that a monkey would have known to do before calling cox and then proceeded to tell me that the issue is with Microsoft and that there is nothing that they can do on their side.

Well, needless to say, I fixed it myself; the issue was not Microsoft but rather that the Cox customer support staff are not adequately trained.

By the way, anyone else having an issue, the incoming IMAP server needs to be set to SSL 993 and the outgoing server to TLS 587 in case anyone else out there has an issue with the same thing.

This reviewer shared experience about poor customer service and wants this business to read this review and look into the issue (if any). This person is overall dissatisfied with Cox Communications. The most disappointing about cox communications technical support at Cox Communications was horrific support Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Cox Communications.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Telecommunications category for more informed decision or compare Cox Communications to other companies on our site.

Comments