Cox representatives in their retention department make special offers and often you will receive that offer per a month's billing only to have it change to the original amount the service was listed or offered for.In my case, the bundle I had was going up substantially so I called to see if they would give me a better rate...and the retention department did offer me a substantially better rate and stated it was for a 2 year period.

So I agreed. Then after 1 month's billing they went right back to the much higher rate. In any event it represents just a sort of "bait and switch" action and is certainly not lawful. However, not much you can do short of suing them...which nobody will go to that length.

You should do like I did and just either change providers, or better yet never use Cox as your provider.I've heard the same exact story from countless others so it is something that you'll experience with them sooner than later if you use their services.

Had an Experience with Cox Communications?

Comments

Be the first to start a discussion

Comcast - Horrible installation Comcast "...an employee of Comcast came out and reinstalled the proper way but the damage had been done, both exterior and interior..." Read more Cox Communications Customer Care Review Cox Communications "Wow this company is the absolute worst. I bought a home & decided to get Verizon since it's only $50 a month & wasn't an option in my old neighborhood...." Read more Asurion - Unauthorized charges to my account Asurion "On Saturday August 3, 2013 the following unauthorized debit transactions appeared on my bank statement $199 07:28 pm AT 19:28 $199 07:34 pm AT 19:24 $199 07:38 pm AT 19:38..." Read more Rise Broadband - How bad can they get? Rise Broadband "Rise Broadband works hard to be one of the worst internet service providers in the US. They offer third-world quality and speed while grossly overcharging for service that is often..." Read more Jillybugs - They are truly the best with the very BEST products.  Jillybugs "They have worked with the same factories for over 10 years and have amazing quality at prices your just not going to get ANYWHERE ELSE. With that will come wait..." Read more Mary Kay - Ripoff Mary Kay " I recently purchased the attached product (crme to powder foundation) from a Mary Kay representative that I work with. I was very surprised when I saw the miniscule amount..." Read more Gm Parts Giant - Terrible communication; late shipping Gm Parts Giant "One week after I placed the order, I received a notification that a few parts would be backordered. Two weeks after this email and one week after the latest "eta"..." Read more Lacy Lox And Lkm Hair And Beauty - LACYLOX.COM IS A FAKE RIP OFF BOOTLEG WEB SITE Lacy Lox And Lkm Hair And Beauty "LacyLox Lacy Lox is a scam imitation website tricking people into thinking they are buying genuine Ruth's Beauty products. They even have reviews of Ruth's Beauty products on their site,..." Read more