Cox representatives in their retention department make special offers and often you will receive that offer per a month's billing only to have it change to the original amount the service was listed or offered for.In my case, the bundle I had was going up substantially so I called to see if they would give me a better rate...and the retention department did offer me a substantially better rate and stated it was for a 2 year period.

So I agreed. Then after 1 month's billing they went right back to the much higher rate. In any event it represents just a sort of "bait and switch" action and is certainly not lawful. However, not much you can do short of suing them...which nobody will go to that length.

You should do like I did and just either change providers, or better yet never use Cox as your provider.I've heard the same exact story from countless others so it is something that you'll experience with them sooner than later if you use their services.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Cox Communications?

Comments

Be first to start a discussion.

Asurion - Unauthorized charges to my account Asurion "On Saturday August 3, 2013 the following unauthorized debit transactions appeared on my bank statement $199 07:28 pm AT 19:28 $199 07:34 pm AT 19:24 $199 07:38 pm AT 19:38..." Read more Cox Communications Customer Care Review Cox Communications "Wow this company is the absolute worst. I bought a home & decided to get Verizon since it's only $50 a month & wasn't an option in my old neighborhood...." Read more Rise Broadband - TERRRIBBBLLLEEE! Rise Broadband "They charged me for 15Mb for over a year with poor bandwidth all the way. FINALLY a tech came out and said the tower won't even do over 5Mb. What..." Read more Smart Circle International - *** Smart Circle International "Are you a psychopath? Are you a ***? Do you have no moral compass? If so, Smart Circle International is the place for you. Everybody hears..." Read more Arnel Management - Tree crashed into unit Arnel refused to repair Arnel Management "During the major storms in Jan-Feb. 2017 tress crashed & destroyed multiple units in both Alicia Villiage and Alicia Plaza apartments located at 25211 and 25212 Stockport, Laguna hills, CA...." Read more Prudential Visas Scam - Beware from big scammer  Prudential Visas Scam "Beware from big scammer - They don’t have valid trade license for immigration activity. - They are not authorized agent for Canada, Australia and new Zealand immigration they even don’t have MARA..." Read more Sears Garage Door (through the internet) Sears "Summary: 1. New garage door ($1,400). 2. Two months of use. 3. Garage crumples from top down due to improper installation (garage opener set improperly). 4. False advertising (Sears uses..." Read more Print artis was good when it worked but when it stop working the support deptment act like my matter did not matter to them Nova Development Technical Support Nova Development "I'VE BEEN USING THIS PRODUCT FOR YEARS AS YOUR RECORDS WILL SHOW AND I'VE NEVER HAD THIS PROBLEM BEFORE AS YOUR RECORDS WILL SHOW , ALL MY DOCUMENTS AROUND WHAT..." Read more