On 2/11, Cox informed me my email was not linked to an active internet service account.I had to call them or they would delete the account.

I called and was told Cox had changed my account number a few years ago to accommodate a new billing platform but did not link my email account to the new number. Now they are rolling out a new webmail platform and that is why they caught it. I told them this is a business account that generates income; I was told no worries, the email account would linked to my internet account number. This is where trouble starts.

They did the linking and immediately thereafter I cannot receive email. I start calling tech services. Three "Tier 2" tickets escalating the problem to the specialty tech team and 6 days later, I still cannot receive email. After being told it takes 24-72 hours for a ticket to be executed on ( I was told this repeatedly, most recently 144hrs after the first fix ticket was processed), I asked to talk with management or I would stop using Cox for my home and business.

Nope, not possible I was told. With managements clear indifference - allowing a customer service process that aggregates a situation - why should I continue as a loyal client after 19 years?

Magic Jack for phones, my domain provider to host my email, and thank God Google Fiber just arrived in San Diego.No wonder Cox is losing customers.

Review about: Internet And Email.

I didn't like: Incompetent e-care specialists or liars, Non-responsive tier 2 techs, Management does not care if i leave, Escalation process for unresolved tech issues after 72 hours.

2.0
Coverage Area
PRODUCT OR SERVICE Cox Communications Account
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Poor customer service / $3000
Preferred solution Let the company propose a solution

Had an Experience with Cox Communications?

Comments

Be first to start a discussion.