Meridian, Idaho

I (unfortunately) was a customer of Cox for 20 years (I am ashamed to admit that) I have now moved out of California and closed my bill out. The person I closed my account out with said I did not owe them any money at all now I have a bill for an additional $86.40 for a telephone modem that I did not even order there is no telephone modem in the house I just left.

When I ask for a copy of the work order or the completion form I was suppose to have signed they said I would have to go into a Cox store and get a copy because the "Customer Service" office could not give out that kind of information because they did not have access to it. What did they bill me from? And why did they wait until I moved out of state to bill me?

They are great at raising there rates but when it comes to service what a joke. I would recommend sending smoke signals before I would recommend Cox Communications.

Product or Service Mentioned: Cox Communications Phone Service.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Cox Communications Pros: Fda is opening investigation.

Comments

I agree!!! I'm glad someone is looking into them.

Unfortunatley my building is only wired to them, soon to be changed. They know they have you. If you ask for a reduction, like you I've been with them over 20 years, they put you on hold, look to see what other companies are there and see they are the only one. They charge for everything.

It's a monopoly and it needs to stop.

I can't wait till they finish wiring for other companies. And being HANDICAP would help, but nooooooo if they have to send a tech out I will be charged...I'm tired of fighting with them and supervisors.