Have been with Cox a long time.Many years ago a supervisor informed me to "re-shop" my bundle when my agreement was up.

Related: Cox Communications - Cox su{#s

Jan 2016 It was time to "re-shop. I committed to 2 year bundle package/agreement. Never once was I told that my telephone or my promotion discounts were only good for 1 year in my 2 year agreement. I saved the paper work thank goodness and marked my calendar to call Jan 2018 to "re-shop" a new bundle.

I had wanted to get rid of my Cox home phone in 2016 but couldn't because I would lose my bundle price. In Dec 2016 my phone price went up $6.00. Called Cox, they said their mistake and would correct. In Jan my Phone portion more than doubled.

Called again and they said their mistake. In Feb 2017 - 1 year into my 2 year agreement my whole bill went up $125.00. Called and was told too bad so sad "man you had a great deal" but your phone and your television had "special promotional rates" that aren't part of the 2 year agreement. When I ask the supervisor in the "loyalty Dept" to show me where in the agreement it shows some prices are good for a limited time, she informed me it was not her place to go backwards, she doesn't look at billing and agreements, that it is my responsibility not hers.

When I received a survey from Cox and gave negative reviews and that I would not recommend Cox to others I received a call within 2 hours and ask why so disappointed. When I explained the Cox person said well yes we've had issues on lack of clarity but lucky me Cox had reworked my bundle and i will only have to pay additional $35.00 plus per month for the next yr.. Over $400 for the year from what I paid last year. Again I ask for specific and to please show me where the agreement states only good for 1 year on telephone-promotions and no one at Cox can.

Bottom line is this.. the 2 year agreement was a waste of time. If I find a better company I am done. Loyalty means nothing to Cox.

New customers get better deals but as we know it's temporary. I like signing up with companies that appreciate their long term customers and that I can trust.

I am afraid those companies are very few and far between.Done and moving on

2.4
Style and Design
Coverage Area
PRODUCT OR SERVICE Cox Communications Bundle
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Pricing issue / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Cox Communications?

Comments

anonymous
Irvine, California, United States #1305746

Cox is a Total "ripoff " and deserves a Class Action Lawsuit.You need to commit to a 24 month contract and they tell you your rates will remain the same for 2 years, as long as you keep them as your service provider.

2 months later, they raise your rates and this has been consistently happening. Every 2 months you have to call them and go through this process all over again.

This is FRAUD and a serious Breach of Contract!I plan on reporting them to the FCC