Cox Communications

I have used Cox 3 times for a total of around 5 years. On all 3 occasions I wound up firing Cox for various *** issues. This last time was over them having to send out six different techs to get my problem resolved them cutting my service the very next day. They then said they had no record of multiple service calls other than one tech coming out for an intermittent issue. The previous time I fired them, they stated that I had 2 modems because our modem was replaced once and the tech had misplaced it or something. After 7 months and reporting me to a credit bureau and all the harassing phone calls and an accruing bill from them they found the modem in their warehouse. Never even apologized for damaging my credit or harassing me. Their billing is consistently flawed, their service is marginal, their customer service absolutely sucks, most of their employee that work in the call center are way under educated, they will never admit to being wrong and they will never refund your money or apologize for damaging you in any way. They believe (and they are correct) that they have a monopoly in the Tulsa area (thanks to the good ole boy network we have here. For their premium internet package and metered phone service, I have been paying over $100 per month and they will ALWAYS tack on some kind of hidden fees or flat out incorrect billing and hope that you won't catch it. I audited over a year of bills from them and found over $500 in errors that took an act of congress to get credited to my account after spending approximately 20 hours on the various calls I had to make to get the issue resolved. What has happened to our country that we allow greedy corporations such as Cox Communication to charge us so much for so little. We in the US pay more for internet services than almost any country on the face of the earth and our service sucks compared to most countries. Cox Communications equals a bad experience all around and I would recommend that you avoid them if at all possible.

I apologize for any problems you have had with Cox and it's services. If you need any help resolving these issues feel free to contact me at hrd-hsi.newsgroups@cox.com for assistance.

--CoxTech1

Columbus, Nebraska

Cox Communications - Worst Cable Company

WORST CABLE COMPANY. I've lived in different parts of the country and in my experience this is probably the worst cable company in the nation. The Cleveland Ohio customer service staff is very rude, especially Sara. They know they are your only choice in certain areas and could care less about providing good customer service. Unlike other providers, you can only reach a customer service rep during regular business hours if you have a billing issue....and believe me you will have plenty of billing issues with this company. The first time I inquired about their service they wanted a $100 deposit because they said they couldn't verify my credit. This was the first time any cable company ever asked me for a $100 deposit. I thought this was unusual since you pay for cable and internet service in advance and if one doesn't pay, I would assume they just cut your service. They told me they would hold this deposit for a year, but credited my account after the first month.?? Another time I once signed up for a special promotion they were offering. When my first bill arrived it didn't reflect the discount and in fact showed a rate increase for the following month! What a poorly managed company! I've talked to many people who have Cox Communications as their provider and nobody seems to be happy with their service. It's a shame we don't have a choice when it comes to affordable cable and internet service in the 44129 zip code area. Buyer beware!!

I hate Cox too. Terrible rude customer service, & always raising the monthly charges.

I bought an antenna, & now watch TV for free. It's mazing how much better the picture is without cable.

Cox cable is absolutely horrible.

So, how do we take back the keys?

I remember this was a deal done a long time

ago, but why can't it be undone?

I can't fine any information on the web...

but I'd sure like to know...

I have have a business account with cox, they have a guy call himself my account manager, but doesn't even reply to my email, after oney year contract, they email me a form says I have to sign to keep my current service, try to lock me in for another year.

this after they screw up my automatic billing on my residential account month after month..

If cox is a person standing in front of me I will beat the crapp out of it with a composite baseball bat

I live in Vegas and we only have cox cable as the local cable company.... here is my two cents.

1) I have had cable in other parts of the country including over the years; Charter, Comcast and Warner.... Compared to Cox? Cox is the worst in Programming and Failure of Equipment (4 HD-DVR boxes in 2 years) and service...including their internet.

their programming for free movies is almost non existent - Though claim the have "thousands" of free movies... Yeah if you like movies ya never heard of and foreign flicks (sub-titled). As far as internet service?.... Have had to "upgrade" twice just to get any decent speed.. And I have all my own top quality routers and boxes and it still sucks. I pay $130.00 for service and don't even get any "premium" channels.... So...In my opinion Cox is the worse company of them all from my experiences with others.

Unfortunately, for all residents of Parma, our politicians gave Cox the keys to the kingdom. I wonder what the cable bills are for certain council members and office holders.

Take it or leave it bro...not much u can do with a monopoly. They know they got u by teh ballz.

View more comments (6)
Atlanta, Georgia
Cox Communications Internet Service

Cox Communications - Bill us for services we did not receive.

We opened our Cox business account over the phone. No written or signed contract. We had to call frequently to get back on line but they were the best around then. Then in 2008 we were told that our modem was outdated and needed to be replaced. We bought a new one because they no longer leased modems. But the problems still continued. So in July 2009 when our contract was up we did not renew. In November 2009 we signed up with Clear and after 1 month of being satisfied with their service we asked Cox for a disconnect. After being given the run around. We finally got the 'disconnect form' and it was faxed in. We have faxed it 5 times and mailed it twice. Cox has yet to 'receive' it. The officer manager spoke to someone who said they received it but there was no disconnect date. Now Julie at Cox tells me that when you do not renew your contract with Cox according to their legal definition, their services role over for 12 months at twice your previous rate!!!
CoxHelp

Hello lvmedcen,

I would be frustrated too if I were in your shoes.Please allow me to get to the bottom of this for you. When you have free time, please email my team at cox.help@cox.com with the business address.

Thanks,

Tiffany

ID
#208318 Review #208318 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Seattle, Washington

COX Communications - Thieves and Poor Customer Service

WORST Company EVER!!! Don't use them if you have a choice of other companies. Hopefully you will be spared the aggravation and headaches, and just outright criminal thievery that COX seems to get away with. They are stealing from me by keeping my overpayment (and reducing it) that I have requested back on numerous occasions. I only use COX as an ISP, only because I don't have a choice of any other ISP. I used to have them for Cable TV and Phone as well but canned those services due to many problems a couple years ago. Now I don't have a choice for Internet access so am stuck with this TERRIBLE Company. COX has the WORST service I have ever encountered. I overpaid them by accident recently (thought I was paying another creditor of mine, electronically) and it's taking an act of congress to try to get them to pay my money back (hundreds of dollars). COX cashed my electronic check almost 3 weeks ago and now they have been chipping away at my overpayment since it's taking forever to get any cent of a refund from them. If there was another provider in my area, I would switch in a heartbeat. This company has horrendous service to say the least!!!! If you have a choice of another provider, I highly recommend that you go with another company for TV, Phone, and especially Internet access. Save yourself the headaches.

The original installer neglected to put the appropriate filter on the line that removes the upper tier of channels. You were not charged the back payment for receiving these channels without paying for them.

The tech that came out simply corrected the mistake.

The techs are held accountable for all services in the house even if they're just there for one problem. You received a $28/month service for six months for free, and you're still complaining.

#206872

Cox is the wost! Engages in fradulent and deceptive business practices.

They lied tome re spreading payment over 3 months when actually it was only a small portion to be spread. Contacted BBB and attorney generals office. Of course Cox was found not to be in the wrong. What a surprise.

They have a lot of money and we al know money talks and you know the rest. :(

#196606

Suddenly not all my cable channels were not coming on as usual. The service tech came over and diagnosed it as that I was getting the missing channels for free actually and that they were not supposed to be in my payment plan.

I had it for 6 months now!? Had already gone through the details with the customer svc. center and she was the one recommending that they send a guy to check it out. Once the tech was at the house, he diagnosed 'the issue' in one minute.

And then asked if he could check my internet. I asked why?- I was not having any issue with it and had not asked anyone to come over for that. He said it is standard for them to visit for any issue to also check other issues and that he found that my internet signals were not strong (-10) and he could make it better. He then went outside, disconnected the wires and put a new connector and closed the box and said it should be fine now.

I said there was no issue anyway?! I called Cox in front of him and the guy also said that he could not find anything wrong with my signals that he could check remotely. I gave the phone to the tech and he said some acronyms and numbers and was looking for those issues. The guy vaguely said oh ok.

Please help me understand- since when did customer service/tech calls become proactive and in the best interest of the consumer/customer.

If this is happening to others, then is there some policy change where they are cutting/adapting to new economy? I am thinking of canceling cable because I do not have time to watch them anyway.

#196600

View more comments (3)
ID
#198691 Review #198691 is a subjective opinion of poster.
San Diego, California

Cox Communications

I am a Cox Communications customer in New Orleans area for past several years for my high-speed Internet, phone and cable TV. 2010 has been the all-around worst experience I've had with regards to Cox. The newest occurrence is that today I called to add phone service at my NEW home. The installation is scheduled for Sept. 18 and today is Sept. 9. Being that I do not have the phone service yet, I saw a promotion for Cox telephone at $9.99/month so called in to modify my phone service order with that promotion. The Cox rep told me she could not do that since the order had already been put in. So I asked her to cancel the order. She transferred me to another department, saying that she could not cancel the order, either. Once transferred, the 2nd rep heard my request for the 9.99 offer or else cancel, and she put me on hold. It has been 30 minutes, and I am STILL ON HOLD!!!! I am entirely fed up with Cox and tired of being milked for every penny with their arbitrary rate changes, their *** promotions and their POOR DISGRACEFUL customer service. They have a long way to go to repair their reputation with me and other consumers. At this point, they will need to hire a marketing guru consultant to get their reputation back on track and keep their customers! Sincerely, Bonnie Baber (Jeff Harmon) 3705 Henican Place Metairie, LA 70003 504-723-6540
ID
#197703 Review #197703 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Metairie, Louisiana

Cox Communications - RIPPED Off, Horrible Service, poor customer service

This company is continues to push the envelope on the absolute worst provider in history. If you want to be ignored, overcharged, and treated like ***, then i think this is your provider of cable TV, Internet, and phone. Not only are you guaranteed to receive the run around and the worst customer service i have ever seen, which is sooooo typical of larger companies who have little completion in their respective markets. The actual services they provide are consistently unreliable and marginal at best. Cable TV is poor, with constant problems that are blamed on anyone but themselves...their excuses are endless....its the house wiring, its the internal cable wiring, its your TV, its your problem. Internet is spotty and also problems are blamed on someone else to deal with. If you held a gun to my head, I would still not agree or say yes to using Cox Communications ever again. I would prefer to watch grass grow, and communicate by smoke signal as deal with this company ever again.

Absolutely the worst cable company i've EVER been associated with. and i'm 62 years old.

Switching Cox 2day! Hate this company

WORSE SERVICE EVER...U PAY FOR SERVICES EACH MONTH THAT DO NOT OPERATE PROPERTLY...TRY TO FIX THEM,AND U WAIT FOR AN CENTURY TO GET AN HELP. MONETARY LOSS HUNDREDS A DAY IF I AM NOT UP AND FUNCTIONING...WHY DO THEY EXIST?

Horribly slow, i can barely connect to a web page let alone even play my games.

Cox always has and will always be a nightmare to deal with. Terrible customer service, poorly trained sales and technical support staff (very inconsistent information which often times is wrong or conflicts with previous statements made by customer service staff).

They have no motive to do better because they are the only game in town. So they get by with terrible customer service and terrible cable/TV service. They are a terrible privately owned company.

I wish that there was more competition that would force them to be more service and customer service focused. Until then, Cox says *** we got our money every time you get your bill or talk to them on the phone.

i have never had a problem with anyone being rude. and i have called for service a dozen times this year.

my problem with cox is they won't fix my internet. the signal line noise is way to high and my internet drops out all the time. i could never use their internet phone service.

i hav a call into them today to send a tech out who cant fix it because that is all they can do. i want a refund.

COX SUCK!I turned off my internet for awhile till I decided to have it turned back on.They CHARGED me installation fee of $50,$50 to turn it back on,and $25 for the monthly bill for it!$125 just to turn it back on?What the heck?So I haven't ever turned my internet off again since!All that for a push of a button.It was already installed from the time before I turned it off.Why should I have had to pay for that?And a service fee?

And another thing,COX is the SLOWEST internet!They dropped your speed to the smallest speed possible for $25 a month.And they're trying to steal peoples money by forcing people to buy faster speed for $10 MORE DOLLARS a month,or HIGHER!So BOO COX!My internet is so slow that I can't even download/use the new *** mobile chat on my e-mail!If anyone knows about any other internet service that is faster speed for $25 or less,let me know!I'll switch to it! :(

Yeeeah, Justin is completely FOS. I worked at COX too, and during peak hours, some team leads would actually have representatives pretend to not be able to hear customer's voice on the line, just so that they could hang up on them and make the call *** smaller.

Take my advice, if you can, don't get any cable at all. You're better off with some type of internet streaming service (Sad thing is COX actually does have decent internet, at least in my location.)

I HATE Cox. They offer the single worst customer service I have ever experienced.

When I first moved to an area where I could only get Cox, I got the internet plus land line, and asked the representative specifically if I could make long distance calls to a certain region. She said yes. I later received a bill of over $100 in "long distance calls." Of course I was livid when I drove to their office to complain and they told me that they consider it a "long distance call" if it falls outside of a five mile radius of where I lived. By that definition of course, ALL my calls were "long distance." What made this situation worse was that the representative actually started to argue with me, even raising her voice and making hand gestures!

Horrible, horrible, horrible. I am extremely sad to say that I STILL live in an area where the Cox monopoly stands, and even though I love my new place it is a downer that the only provider available is Cox.

The cable reception sucks and internet is super slow, even though I got the second fastest one. IT is B.S.

I have cox internet in my house which is very slow. As an experiment I got a mobile hotspot on my HTC Evo to see how it compared. Surprisingly, my cell phone has a faster connection than Cox.

View more comments (34)
Laguna Niguel, California
Loss

Cox Communications - Cox Communication: Rates Raised

To whom it May Concern- I have been a customer of Cox Communication for approximately 3.5 years. During this time the monthly bill, basic cable & 2nd tier Internet, has steadily been between $45-50. I received the August bill on 08/07/08 and was astonished to see the monthly rate had risen to almost $70. I contacted customer service via telephone and spoke with two women, customer service & supervisor, both of who were helpful. The supervisor informed me that during the past 3.5 years Cox had freely provided the cable and that I was only paying for Internet. She credited a "promotion". I believe that my previous bills state that I was paying approximately $20 for cable and approximately $20 for Internet. She stated that a "small amount" of Cox customers had been affected by this change in the "promotion". She then directed me to the Cox website. I visited the site, only to find that it was down. I called back twice, asking further questions, was hung-up on once and directed to write a letter the last time. My complaint is this: The precedence of $45-50 a month has been set for the past 3.5 years of service. I understand that rate hikes occur, even the price of printing money has increased, as will my cable bill. But what I cannot fathom is that the price would raise $20 in a single month due to a "promotion, which has lasted 3.5 years. The general voice of the customer service was that if I didn't want to pay, I should then cancel my service. I like the quality of the Internet and cable provided, but do not feel that the sudden end of a "promotion" justifies the amount the bill has been raised. I could see a few dollars more, but $20 is hardly understandable. The fact the Cox Corporation believes that they can push on a minority of their customer base to supplement their financial woes does not seem like good Arizona business. My family and I feel genuinely ripped-off.
Phoenix, Arizona

Cox Communications - Cox Cable in Arizona is NOT ready for the digital age

FOR ONE YEAR, we have repeatedly requested Cox Cable to repair the "tiling" on our cable service, and address the poor internet and phone connections. FOR ONE YEAR, we have waited paitently to have these issues resolved by Cox Cable. FOR ONE YEAR, Cox cable has told us the the problem should be fixed and there should be no problems. FOR ONE YEAR, we have missed many television programs due to the poor service from Cox Cable. FOR ONE YEAR, we have surfed the web with internet services from Cox Cable that compare to most dial up services. FOR ONE YEAR, Cox Cable has continued to send us a bill for these services that can not seem to be repaired. NO MORE. COX CABLE IS NOT READY FOR THE DIGITAL AGE.