Mcpherson, Kansas
3.7K views

Cox Communications is the absolute WORST company I have ever worked with. They hike my rates several times a year, tell me I'm getting one internet service, but when I look at my bill, apparently I'm getting a more expensive one. Same for my cable. My internet speeds are WELL below what they promised - I have sent pings several times, and it is NEVER at the speeds promised. I even bought a new router, the one recommended by Cox, but it didn't make a difference on the speed.

My cable goes out weekly, so much for their promise that it's more reliable than satellite - and for those of you who were wondering, I called Cox every single time and they confirmed it was a known outage. Then they said they would pro-rate my bill and nothing happened. When I call, they act dumb and fail to acknowledge the fact that they even had an outage! Even when there is no outage, the sound will go off, at least once a day, on NickJr. Of course, it's ONLY NickJr that looses sound, and not all of the other 100 or so channels I'm paying for in order to get NickJr.

Plus, I just turned on my TV and noticed that yet again, they've moved more channels to the premium level, the level in which you must have a receiver plugged into the TV. The receiver that you 'rent' every month on top of the additional fees for the additional channels. And as you have to pay extra for the receiver, there is only 1 in my house, although we have 4 TV, because my bill would increase EVEN MORE!!! So, out of all the TV's in my house, only 1 can get over 30 or so channels. I pay $35 JUST FOR the 30 channels (2 of which are shopping channels, 1 is spanish language and 4 don't work. Ever. Not to mention all of the other charges for additional channels, and receivers.

They NEVER notify me, a faithful and good customer for over 10 years, when they move channels up to the premium level. They NEVER even notify my when my rates are increased.

I have called to cancel several times, but every time, they offer me free channels for 3 months, or free upgraded internet but now, as I have just checked my bill, I see that they upped the rates AGAIN and are charging me full price for the services they said I would get for free/reduced until Febuary. I'm moving in a month (unfortunately just across town, will still be in the Cox monopoly - and they know it) and I will not be paying them to transfer my cable - I'm getting Direct TV. Even after the 1st year specials wear off, I will still be paying MUCH less per month than I am currently with Cox - even with all of the taxes and fees - and get more channels!

Unfortunately, Cox is the only company here that has internet, and they know it. Freaking jerks, I wish our government would do something about the cable monopolies rural areas - because we are getting RIPPED OFF!!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Cox Communications Tv Service.

Comments

Offered “free” movie and then billed me for it. Took 30 minutes to straighten it out all while still offering “free” serious.

Are they serious? Apparently, yes.

I save the same problems thousands of other customers are complaining about. Cox should be investigated for not producing the service we are paying for.

Cox should be state and federally inspected and regulated to provide the services that they supposedly provide. Also investigate the reasons they continue to raise their price without notice. You just open your bill and bang your paying more.

Call and get nothing but *** reason. If anyone with political friends and or lawyer friends I see multibillion dollar law suit.

Cox is the only service provider available in my area. And they take advantage of it.

I'm paying for 50mb speed. I do speed tests and the best I get is 6.5mb, that's six and 1/2. It's not much faster than when I had dial-up. Sometimes I get so fed up I turn on my phones Mobile Hotspot.

Certain channels go in and out multiple times a day.

Our daughter, who's just 25 miles away, used to have Cox but in an area that had other providers available. She never had a problem with Cox.

Cox is trash...just like every cable company in america....of any developed country in the world ...yes ANY developed country in the world america has by far the slowest internet speeds and higher prices than ANY other country in the world!...this is bc the 3 companies that control all cable and internet are actually just 1 company...and agreed to not compete for better service so they all save money even though prices increase and quality decreases...the government agreed to let these 3 monsters control all internet and so they just set a *** standard and all abide by it and have territorial control...hence you can only get this cable company in this area...when cox runs a coax cable from the main power lines to your house it has their most capable (still *** internet speeds coming through the line...an idiot installs a filter in between the main connection to slow your internet down...unless you pay more... this just goes to show you they are just another criminal corporation limiting our rights and shows how corporations and government go hand and hand...both cox and the government are *** *** people

#1711940

Damn DVR box doesn't work fifty percent of the time. I am sick of it.

Restarting twelve times per day is crap. The geniuses who answer their phone suggest "checking your connection" . Seriously?

our household is a Cox Business customer, too; which means we pay three times the amount for "fast"internet. Never mind that it's impossible to even watch local TV, except in the kitchen, where I keep a TV not connected to their *** cable.

Day 2 no service

Two consecutive months where Cox in their mysterious benevolence raised my service cost. It's Internet only and it has gone up twice in two months.

No service improvement, notice nor breakdown of the bill to show any detail of their decision. Who runs a company like this?

Wow, raising rates twice in two months makes me wonder what the next bill will bring... Lame sauce with chunks.

My thoughts are that somebody should go to Atlanta and drag the Kennedy kid outside, stomp a mud hole in him and walk him dry. Doubt that will happen, but it is a thought.

@Bro.Zene

Shady company.

I agree. If they had a competition they would lose.

AGREE 100%

Same with my services! I’ve been with them for 23 years!

Loyalty doesn’t mean anything to them!

Still paying WAY TOO MUCH. Im ready to CUT THE CORD!

@Tracy Green

you are so right 20 year.

I just had the gentleman from Cox install my TV and internet. After 2 days, the "signal" went out and I called Cox.

They tried to up-sell me for insurance and then said I had to have a tech come out to the house to check the hookup.

So, what happened in 2 days? I got a bill for 130.00.

Frustrated with Cox poor service. My bundle is a bust.

Phone,internet cable all go out at least 2-3 x a day. My husband is retired and he complained about the outages,and I thought it cant be that bad,however since my retirement since July, I can confirm he is telling the truth.

My "regular" channel buffers, my "top of the line" internet buffers like stupid, but they get their 100 bucks on time monthly!

Cox suckers, what robbery, people like me work every day. We use TV and pc a few hours per day, but we pay the same as those who use 24 hours a day.

Spanish, and sport channels I don't watch, but am forced to pay for the. Donald Trump ' take care of this issue, and you will be forever my hero!

Yes, cox does suck. our internet goes out several times a day.

I have called and called, they have rewired my house, supposedly done pole work and nothing has improved. They just keep telling me oh it seems there is an outage in your area.

2016 still sucks... vote them out!

Comcast is so much better than cox I think I've got to switch to dish