2.6K views

Cox Communications is the absolute WORST company I have ever worked with. They hike my rates several times a year, tell me I'm getting one internet service, but when I look at my bill, apparently I'm getting a more expensive one. Same for my cable. My internet speeds are WELL below what they promised - I have sent pings several times, and it is NEVER at the speeds promised. I even bought a new router, the one recommended by Cox, but it didn't make a difference on the speed.

My cable goes out weekly, so much for their promise that it's more reliable than satellite - and for those of you who were wondering, I called Cox every single time and they confirmed it was a known outage. Then they said they would pro-rate my bill and nothing happened. When I call, they act dumb and fail to acknowledge the fact that they even had an outage! Even when there is no outage, the sound will go off, at least once a day, on NickJr. Of course, it's ONLY NickJr that looses sound, and not all of the other 100 or so channels I'm paying for in order to get NickJr.

Plus, I just turned on my TV and noticed that yet again, they've moved more channels to the premium level, the level in which you must have a receiver plugged into the TV. The receiver that you 'rent' every month on top of the additional fees for the additional channels. And as you have to pay extra for the receiver, there is only 1 in my house, although we have 4 TV, because my bill would increase EVEN MORE!!! So, out of all the TV's in my house, only 1 can get over 30 or so channels. I pay $35 JUST FOR the 30 channels (2 of which are shopping channels, 1 is spanish language and 4 don't work. Ever. Not to mention all of the other charges for additional channels, and receivers.

They NEVER notify me, a faithful and good customer for over 10 years, when they move channels up to the premium level. They NEVER even notify my when my rates are increased.

I have called to cancel several times, but every time, they offer me free channels for 3 months, or free upgraded internet but now, as I have just checked my bill, I see that they upped the rates AGAIN and are charging me full price for the services they said I would get for free/reduced until Febuary. I'm moving in a month (unfortunately just across town, will still be in the Cox monopoly - and they know it) and I will not be paying them to transfer my cable - I'm getting Direct TV. Even after the 1st year specials wear off, I will still be paying MUCH less per month than I am currently with Cox - even with all of the taxes and fees - and get more channels!

Unfortunately, Cox is the only company here that has internet, and they know it. Freaking jerks, I wish our government would do something about the cable monopolies rural areas - because we are getting RIPPED OFF!!!

Review about: Cox Communications Tv Service.

Had an Experience with Cox Communications?

Comments

Cox suckers, what robbery, people like me work every day.We use TV and pc a few hours per day, but we pay the same as those who use 24 hours a day.

Spanish, and sport channels I don't watch, but am forced to pay for the.Donald Trump ' take care of this issue, and you will be forever my hero!

Yes, cox does suck.our internet goes out several times a day.

I have called and called, they have rewired my house, supposedly done pole work and nothing has improved.They just keep telling me oh it seems there is an outage in your area.

Pascoag, Rhode Island, United States #1238458

2016 still sucks... vote them out!

Meriden, Connecticut, United States #1235309

Comcast is so much better than cox I think I've got to switch to dish

Where I live their *** service goes out at the same time everyday.Then they finally come check it out after calling to claim that they fixed it.

Only to have it go down again.

Its just ridiculous...its monopolies like these that just dont let anyone else succeed.

Lakewood, Ohio, United States #1102795

I've been a cox customer for 15 years without incident- until late 2015.We started experiencing variable internet.

I upgraded to 100mbps and it's been a nightmare with speeds sometimes at 6mbps hardwired. Cox blamed my hardware and not their service. I jumped through all their hoops and spent 3 hours on the phone with Apple. It was not my hardware.

ALSO, Cox representatives are inconsistent with the info they provide. I was initially told to purchase a modem of any type as long as it was a D3 to accommodate the faster internet speeds I would be getting. Well, the modem I bought wasn't compatible. So I asked "which one exactly should I purchase so I don't go through this again".

Guess what? The second one was wrong too. So I got on the phone for a total of 6.5 hours over 2 days, missed my dinner twice and thought I finally had a resolution. Cox was still saying the "signals" were fine.

I went to cox to swap pick up the 3rd modem. Guess what? This one I wasn't allowed to swap out. Well then why give it to me.

The representative wanted ME to pay for this by going to get a 4th modem. Mind you, I am still experiencing slow speeds. While all big corporations have incompetent customer service persons, this company has taken the cake at giving misinformation, blaming the customer, lying about its services, and not being accountable. I am currently waiting for my 4th modem to come by mail now after arguing with supervisor after supervisor to...

However, I am still getting variable speeds. I have changed all my equipment, checked all my hardware, and done everything asked and still get *** on by this company. SHAME ON YOU COX.

I will be downgrading my internet speeds as the 100mbps they advertise is a scam.Beware of this company and good luck.

Yes, COX in NW Arkansas brags of its internet.Screw getting on at night.

Even for their fastest package they constantly stall out.Should call it Suck Cox

Yea screw u cox!Im seriously going to find a really good lawyer and sue you witg everyone else!

You cant be pulling this ***! Your a scam! And ya why is it that your promised speeds arecalways hslf the speed promised? *** guys!

You wont have a company for long because its nit just onevarea its EVERYONE!What the *** are you thinking?

#1020894

Yup...COX sux!

Just to repeat.

outages without offering credits, poor customer service, 35 minute wait times, joke of an support automated phone system, crappy equipment, deceptive practices on support and sales.

Crappy Co.!

Can't wait to cut the cord.I will enjoy seeing these people lose their jobs!

#1019856

I've had cox for 30 years and never understood the negative comments about them, but, sorry to say I do now.I've had a continuous problem with my TV pixelating and getting bumped off the internet.

It feels like a divorce.My grandson doesn't want me to change the internet, but I'm looking at direct TV.