3.3K views

Cox Communications is the absolute WORST company I have ever worked with. They hike my rates several times a year, tell me I'm getting one internet service, but when I look at my bill, apparently I'm getting a more expensive one. Same for my cable. My internet speeds are WELL below what they promised - I have sent pings several times, and it is NEVER at the speeds promised. I even bought a new router, the one recommended by Cox, but it didn't make a difference on the speed.

My cable goes out weekly, so much for their promise that it's more reliable than satellite - and for those of you who were wondering, I called Cox every single time and they confirmed it was a known outage. Then they said they would pro-rate my bill and nothing happened. When I call, they act dumb and fail to acknowledge the fact that they even had an outage! Even when there is no outage, the sound will go off, at least once a day, on NickJr. Of course, it's ONLY NickJr that looses sound, and not all of the other 100 or so channels I'm paying for in order to get NickJr.

Plus, I just turned on my TV and noticed that yet again, they've moved more channels to the premium level, the level in which you must have a receiver plugged into the TV. The receiver that you 'rent' every month on top of the additional fees for the additional channels. And as you have to pay extra for the receiver, there is only 1 in my house, although we have 4 TV, because my bill would increase EVEN MORE!!! So, out of all the TV's in my house, only 1 can get over 30 or so channels. I pay $35 JUST FOR the 30 channels (2 of which are shopping channels, 1 is spanish language and 4 don't work. Ever. Not to mention all of the other charges for additional channels, and receivers.

They NEVER notify me, a faithful and good customer for over 10 years, when they move channels up to the premium level. They NEVER even notify my when my rates are increased.

I have called to cancel several times, but every time, they offer me free channels for 3 months, or free upgraded internet but now, as I have just checked my bill, I see that they upped the rates AGAIN and are charging me full price for the services they said I would get for free/reduced until Febuary. I'm moving in a month (unfortunately just across town, will still be in the Cox monopoly - and they know it) and I will not be paying them to transfer my cable - I'm getting Direct TV. Even after the 1st year specials wear off, I will still be paying MUCH less per month than I am currently with Cox - even with all of the taxes and fees - and get more channels!

Unfortunately, Cox is the only company here that has internet, and they know it. Freaking jerks, I wish our government would do something about the cable monopolies rural areas - because we are getting RIPPED OFF!!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Cox Communications Tv Service.

Comments

#1019856

I've had cox for 30 years and never understood the negative comments about them, but, sorry to say I do now. I've had a continuous problem with my TV pixelating and getting bumped off the internet.

It feels like a divorce. My grandson doesn't want me to change the internet, but I'm looking at direct TV.

Cheyenne, Wyoming, United States #992752

I just cancelled Cox Cable. Never again.

Absolutely, hands down, the worst utility company I have ever experienced. Appropriately named company.....what a bunch of ***

I have lived in NYC, Chicago and LA. Yes Cox is hands down the worse cable company I have ever seen.

Where do we start - power outages without offering credits, poor customer service, old equipment, drug fused cable workers, .........caught the cable installer sleeping when I went out for 10 minutes. Left my house and never turned on the boxes, was there all day.

Rate hikes every year. Hey you want your cable boxes from 1970 back, come get them yourself for the $ 300 bucks a month.

Las Vegas, Nevada, United States #948689

been with co over 20,years now and they suck *** , cable glitches all the time, internet glitches i

pay for high speed internet what a joke, I call cause my bill keeps going up they said id save money if I bundle phone,they are a bunch of liars just trying to make a sale, what we pay to have cable on 4 tv's ,internet and phone is ridiculess, looking at other options now, they are no longer the only co. in town..

to Anonymous New Orleans, Louisiana, United States #964975

Cox cable is the PERCENT example of why we need to demand an end of monopolistic utility companies. They are abusing public goods and have zero accountability.

CoxHelp

SarahBridt,

I'm sorry about the experience you've had. I can see why you're frustrated.

Let me find out what happened so I can make this right.

When you have a chance please email the details and account information (full name, complete street address, Cox PIN and either a link to your post here or a detailed description) to cox.help@cox.com

Once your email is received, we will investigate and respond.

Dina

Cox Communications

#941916

Ive been calling Cox Cable for 2 years now because it takes me 10 minutes to check my e mail.Now I cant even pay my bill online because I have to log into my Cox E mail acct to do so and I sat here waiting for 10 minutes for the page to open. Why should I have to pay for a service that doesn't even work?

Pensacola, Florida, United States #881258

Yeah, Cox is a substandard company by ANY measure or comparsion. I worked in the cable business, so I know exactly what I'm talking about.

I'm going to keep the internet, and go with Direct TV.

The people running Cox should fire themselves, but since they won't they should spend some time looking at Comcast to get an idea of how to run a company and provide services.

Terrible experience every single time I turn on the TV, operate any of their hardware (that they chose the hardware their providing is the first clue they have no idea what they're doing), go on their pitifully programmed website.

Customer service people and Cox Techs are good people. Pity they have to work for Cox.

Idiots who can't get out of their own way.

*** cox. They *** blow there service is so *** awful someone should just you know..Yeah.

I hate Cox!

Ramona, California, United States #835104

25 min on hold, annoying arrogant operator, I was calling to cancel service so they are not interested in helping I guess. This company needs to crash & burn.

OH, they will file bankruptcy and everyone will be left holding the bag except the *** executives that will live on a fat pension. Clasic example of what is wrong with america and killing US, pun inted, but no joke, COC sucks, just enter that into Google and wa la a page exists!

Where is this going to end?

is someone going to fly a jet into the corporate headquarters? if so it won't be Jihad it will be someone who just had enough

#820878

They SO suck!!!! I really hate judge Judy,,,,,but Cox even beats her!!!

It is rare there are no problems". I am thinking,,could satellite actually be worse?? I doubt it....

To pay for this dis service is insane!!!! Pile of *** company!!!!

I agree that cox is one of the worse companies to work with. I have been attempting to reconnect my cable and internet after a relocation.

I have had cox many years.

I have always experienced POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE AND RATE INCREASES ON A REGULAR BASIS. I will find another option or do without services before utilizing them as a service provider.

Las Vegas, Nevada, United States #792913

Beverly Hills, California, United States #697407

In Santa Barbara CA Verizon DSL lines are faster than COX's supposed high speed cable.

Phoenix, Arizona, United States #633679

Cox cable it's now time for you to sell the company to someone who cares about their customers

jwleach

My husband when to the local Cox office and picked up a box under the understanding that this was the ONLY way that we could get HD channels. Our cable and internet is included in our rent.

So after 6 months of service, I look at the bill, which is in MY name, an we're being charged for the Latin and Sports package.

We were told that to add a HiDef box it was $8 a month but we paid the bill for $34+ for more than thee months (auto pay) so they cant refund. So to sum up- I never signed a contract and they suck!

Kristopher
Wichita, Kansas, United States #620471

I agree 100%. My speeds are fine 'most' of the time.

It's the outages that *** me off. The node has allegedly been replaced twice within one year in my area, the techs they have sent out to me so far were contractors and horribly new. Getting a decent CSR when I call in is a *** shoot. Some of them can be awesome, some of them extremely unhelpful and rude.

I'm not completely familiar with their procedures. Lately, they never admit to any outages in my area when I call in, but I usually sit on hold for about 20 minutes, doing the basic troubleshooting(hard resets, resetting the computer, etc), none of this helps. Miraculously, as soon as they finally pick up the phone, it starts working. I'm not entirely sure why, but I'm guessing they send a hit to my modem before I get to a real person.

Fine, why not just do that the moment I call in? why is it necessary at all? WHY CAN'T I JUST GET WHAT I PAY FOR???? IT SHOULD JUST WORK!

IF IT DOESN'T WORK, I SHOULD BE REIMBURSED! For reference, I have a DOCSIS 3.0 modem. Netgear, which I had to fight tooth and nail just to get them to add to their *** "list". I also have a dual band wireless N router.

I'm holding up my end. There is no reason to have technical difficulties. It's frustrating. This world is frustrating enough without having to deal with this garbage.

We have limited options when it comes to internet, tv etc, and COX knows this.

If this happens again I will cancel my service. You have to stand up against this at some point or these companies will continue to take advantage.

Middletown, Rhode Island, United States #605828

*** poor service. My Internet runs like a dead turtle most of the time.

We go down with just a little wind.

All this for $53.00 a month. Verizon PLS wire my hood.

Owasso, Oklahoma, United States #591259

My wife and I have been with cox cable for over 3 years now. We have always paid are bill on time and been loyal customers. We even have the top packages they offer and a higher bill then most residential customers. We have had the same package for 2 years and some months costing us under $200.000

A few weeks ago are bill went up called and spoke to a rep about it. they adjusted the rate again to keep us under $200.00 next bill comes we owe $336.00

Called AGAIN they tell us sorry but someone miss informed you there is no way we can get your bill under $200 who ever told you that is wrong. Now they want us to pay the back fees and late fee even tho the rep said for the next 6 months we would be paying $190 something.

They refuse to help us and now want us to pay almost $400.00 for are current packages. Even after cutting some options off are package they can't get the bill under $240

Loyal customers NO MORE. Cox cable lies to there customers and they use deceiving rates to get the customer to add more options. There losings are business over a 70 rate increase

I would rather have a *** provider then be lied to. Be warned cox cable is crooked and they have a TON of service issues in 2012 we had over 30 service calls before they finally got it right.