3.2K views

Cox Communications is the absolute WORST company I have ever worked with. They hike my rates several times a year, tell me I'm getting one internet service, but when I look at my bill, apparently I'm getting a more expensive one. Same for my cable. My internet speeds are WELL below what they promised - I have sent pings several times, and it is NEVER at the speeds promised. I even bought a new router, the one recommended by Cox, but it didn't make a difference on the speed.

My cable goes out weekly, so much for their promise that it's more reliable than satellite - and for those of you who were wondering, I called Cox every single time and they confirmed it was a known outage. Then they said they would pro-rate my bill and nothing happened. When I call, they act dumb and fail to acknowledge the fact that they even had an outage! Even when there is no outage, the sound will go off, at least once a day, on NickJr. Of course, it's ONLY NickJr that looses sound, and not all of the other 100 or so channels I'm paying for in order to get NickJr.

Plus, I just turned on my TV and noticed that yet again, they've moved more channels to the premium level, the level in which you must have a receiver plugged into the TV. The receiver that you 'rent' every month on top of the additional fees for the additional channels. And as you have to pay extra for the receiver, there is only 1 in my house, although we have 4 TV, because my bill would increase EVEN MORE!!! So, out of all the TV's in my house, only 1 can get over 30 or so channels. I pay $35 JUST FOR the 30 channels (2 of which are shopping channels, 1 is spanish language and 4 don't work. Ever. Not to mention all of the other charges for additional channels, and receivers.

They NEVER notify me, a faithful and good customer for over 10 years, when they move channels up to the premium level. They NEVER even notify my when my rates are increased.

I have called to cancel several times, but every time, they offer me free channels for 3 months, or free upgraded internet but now, as I have just checked my bill, I see that they upped the rates AGAIN and are charging me full price for the services they said I would get for free/reduced until Febuary. I'm moving in a month (unfortunately just across town, will still be in the Cox monopoly - and they know it) and I will not be paying them to transfer my cable - I'm getting Direct TV. Even after the 1st year specials wear off, I will still be paying MUCH less per month than I am currently with Cox - even with all of the taxes and fees - and get more channels!

Unfortunately, Cox is the only company here that has internet, and they know it. Freaking jerks, I wish our government would do something about the cable monopolies rural areas - because we are getting RIPPED OFF!!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Cox Communications Tv Service.

Comments

CoxHelp
to lFck Cox #837186

lFck,

No wonder you're frustrated. I would be too.

Let me find out what happened so I can make this right. When you have a chance please email the details and account information to cox.help@cox.com

Thanks,

Colleen

to CoxHelp Omaha, Nebraska, United States #935656

You people must be *** your pants. People are canceling their services in droves.

to CoxHelp Omaha, Nebraska, United States #935661

I just cancelled my COX internet service. I was offered 30 percent off my bill for 12 months.

Still not worth it. I have a 30 GB data plan with hotspot enabled through ATT.

Speeds and price are wayyyyyy better. I suggest others do the same

to CoxHelp Omaha, Nebraska, United States #935650
Blow me c***. I just cancelled my COX service and will be using my hotspot from now on :)