Product: Cox Communications Technical Support Clear all filters (42 of 42 reviews match)
Review Rating
filters
Seller:
State:
City:
Product:

Cox Communications - Positive Review - technician

I would like to provide a positive review for technician Tham in San Diego. He came to my house to install the new Contour 2 DVR cable box & client box. He was extremely helpful, thorough & conscientious. There were issues with the client box out of his control - he came back the next day to ensure all was fixed, resolved & working properly. I appreciated his professionalism, great attitude & help. One of the best Cox Cable experiences I have ever had. On the other hand, I just had a horrible experience on cox.com with their "live chat" function trying to find out how to leave a review. Completely ridiculous & worthless.

Cox Communications - Poorly trained service technicians

Two months my main TV in my living room went out during a storm. To sum up my experience as of now. I have had 4 technicians out 2 that were subcontractors and one Cox cable tech. All of them had a different explanation for the cable box not working. The last tech. explained it was my HDMI cable that went bad and Cox does not drop new lines I would have to find someone to do the work. My house is 6 years old. All up to date wiring. So I relied on this experienced and trained cable tech. to inform me on what to do. Well after hiring someone to put holes in my ceiling and in the crown molding to reach our TV.... The cable box was hooked up and still did not work. I decided to pull a cable box from another room and hook it up. Wow, it worked. So after four technicians and over a $1000 worth of labor, sheet rock, resurfacing of ceiling and patching crown molding, then painting. It comes down to me a nurse not even a technician to figure out it's the box. So I have contacted Cox cable yesterday to inform them: they need to get a supervisor out to my house and the extensive repairs I must complete now. No one will return my call. One person "Lonnie" the cable supervisor said he would contact me yesterday to visit my home. No phone call yesterday. I've called two additional times... No return call. After years of service this is unacceptable customer service. Next step to email the CEO and maybe 6 on your side news.

Cox Communications - Resolution of boxes

Finally got someone in the tech department to listen to me. She was in Texas and I wish I remembered her name. Told her my plith and she said that's not right and would get someone over to my place the next day (which really was the second) with new boxes and also look at the wiring. A tech came over, early, changed out the boxes to new ones (still had wrapping on it), listened to what I had to say, went out to check wiring, showed me how to work remote, made sure I was connected to HD cable. I was verify satisfied with the tech I had both on the phone and in person. I'm now on contour but not paying the contour that lets you speak into remote. He ensured I was comfortable with my setup and very friendly. Wish all of them where like that. I would like to send a commendation to the tech I talked to in Texas. I wasn't blown off like the others did and tried everything to make me happy. That's above the calling these days.
2.4
I liked
  • Resolution

Cox Communications Technical Support Review

We had a great service appointment with Darrell Bowen of Cox tech. He is a real problem solver and a great representative of Cox. Thank you Darrell for new modem and a great customer experience!

Cox Communications - Cox Cable in Northern Virginia

The worst service I have ever had. I have lived in many locations across the USA, COX provides the worst Internet/Cable . Do not recommend. Within the first few days of installation both the internet and the cable went down. Technicians returned and the service signals were boosted, then a few days later the Internet went down. They came back to install the security, and in doing so disconnected the cable TV which remained down for weeks because the Cox security changed the splitters, which changed the signal strength. It then the cable came back and removed "filter" to boost the signal. Then the contour remote went out and a sensor kept misfiring. When I called in the issue the Cox representative was abrupt and stated she was charging for the technicians call. I spoke to her manager and he said there would be no charge since the sensors were just placed and were misfiring. When the security technician came out he determined it was indeed a defective sensory, deprogrammed, replaced, and reprogrammed for a new sensor. He also stated no charge for the visit to replace the defective My surprise when I saw a 75 dollar service call charge on my bill. I have spent at least 39 hours either on the phone, or waiting for the 2 hour window for technician to arrive. For the last 7 weeks my Contour remote control hasn't worked. I get just one channel with my Sony remote control. The technician was suppose to come between 3-5 to exchange and program a new remote control/ At 5:15PM I received a call that he would be here at 6PM, at 6:20 PM I received a call that he would be her some time tonight, but no time given " because they give them too much work". It is 7:35PM, still no Cox technician. This company really sucks.
I liked
  • No resolution
  • I am very upset and disguss about cox cable and there
  • Last agent was
I didn't like
  • Internet is horrid
  • Know there is no competition in our area
Show

Cox Communications - Very rude service technician.

I have used Cox cable TV for years and have been happy with the service, but not so much with the cost. I finally bit the bullet and cut the cord by installing and over-the-air HD antenna, buying my own DVR, my own internet modem and Amazon Prime TV. I now get almost everything I want plus a lot more via Netflix, VuDu, etc. I still use Cox for my high speed internet service provider. Even though the cost to switch was around $1,200 my monthly Cox bill is about $165 per month lower and I am saving a net of about $140 per month after paying for HBO and Netflix. My complaint is this: I tried to do the right thing and called Cox service to have them come to my home to disconnect the right cable inside the Cox service box on the side of my house. It wound up taking two service calls because the first service tech simply stopped, looked at the box and left without knocking on my door to tell me he was here. I scheduled another call for the next day (August 31, 2016) and waited outside until the service tech arrived. This person opened the box (something I could have done myself but was told by Cox I shouldn't, but would not disconnect the Cox cable TV input cable saying "It isn't on my work order". I had been very specific over the phone that this is what I wanted done. When I asked the service tech to call his dispatcher to get clarification he refused. When I asked his name so I can call customer support he got angry and removed his badge so I couldn't get his name. When I got angry that I would need to schedule a third call he said it wasn't his problem and stormed off. The only information I got about him is that he was driving a dark blue, or perhaps black pick-up truck with no Cox markings. Its license plate number is Arizona AZT2232. In my career I have been customer service executives for several multi-billion dollar consumer electronics companies and have had large customer service departments under me. I subscribe to the tenant that customer satisfaction is absolutely necessary in order to maintain customer loyalty. This one instance is causing me to rethink keeping Cox as my internet provider. Richard DeShong 703 282-7030 rdeshong1@aol.com
2.5
Show

Cox Communications - Could these people be any more inept?

I Just bought a new computer and am running Office 365; I like keeping all my mail in outlook, so as always, I was setting up my cox email to pull into Microsoft Outlook. The normal setup for the mail in outlook did not work, so I had to call them. The first line support tried, but could not help; he sent me to the next tier support. Not only was the next tier support unhelpful, but was also extremely arrogant and annoying. He asked a couple of questions that a monkey would have known to do before calling cox and then proceeded to tell me that the issue is with Microsoft and that there is nothing that they can do on their side. Well, needless to say, I fixed it myself; the issue was not Microsoft but rather that the Cox customer support staff are not adequately trained. By the way, anyone else having an issue, the incoming IMAP server needs to be set to SSL 993 and the outgoing server to TLS 587 in case anyone else out there has an issue with the same thing.
I didn't like
  • Horrific support

Cox Communications Technical Support Review from Falls Church, Virginia

I've had cox for over 24 years and have generally been happy. However, since getting the contour 2 it has all gone down hill. Box swaps, inability of 'tier 1' service folks to do anything more than reset and the contour 2 experts have 30-60+ minute hold times. Then someone unknown cancels a service appointment without notifying me. My frustration level is through the roof. It's time to find an alternative.
2.5
Show

Cox Communications - Cox Cable------NoThanks!!!

After having Cox Cable service for 9 months, approximately, here is The list of reasons why we're not happy with their service: they have spent 9months giving us the run-around about the gift card reward they promised but have refused to keep their promise. Also, the wifi router needs rebooting too frequently; and the cable box needs rebooting. Try to call their customer service dept and they cut off your call....so you have to call again and try to get through again. Nothing but frustration and quirky equipment, and broken promises and the run-around. Also, just calling their customer service call center is an ordeal....go through 5 or more different menus, then they put you in a wait/hold ***, then they cut off the phone call before you ever speak to a service rep.
Show

Cox Communications - 2 days wait for technical support (Internet, cable & phone all down)!!!

Fri - power outage 7am - 2am (21hrs). Sat - power came back. Cox service down (no internet, TV nor phone)! Sat 8am - start calling Cox (called 7X before getting through and wait 29 min to speak to someone). Was told the earliest appt is Mon! Two days wait for service - unbelievable! Asked to escalate this problem and for a Manager to call me back to explain why I have to wait for 2 days to get Cox service back (no one call back). Explained I work from home and can't have down time. Sat 9 am - someone from escalation called to say 1pm appt available. I managed "yes, i appreciate it" before phone dropped (remember, no Cox, lousy cell service). Tried calling back desperately to get confirmation they can come. Managed to speak to someone twice and explained situation after another 7-8 attempts. Phone dropped on both occasion and no one bother to call back even though they have full info and description of problem. Managed to speak to someone on last attempt (after waiting 45 minutes). To be told this - the 1pm spot is not log and i have to wait till Mon!! Mon 9:15am - received a call from Cox that they will be here in 10 min. One hour later, call back Technician after "no show". Only to be told "the office reroute them"! What?? I waited and was told office reroute them with no words from them? And after waiting two days? Call dropped and call back twice. It just goes to voicemail conveniently.. Mon 10:15am - call Cox office to complain "reroute" issue. Call drop at the end of it and no one call back! Notice wifi connected shortly.. Mon 11:45pm - Cox Tech show up (~2.5hrs after agreed time). Thanks but no thanks. He confirmed he reset it after i called him. ~30 houses here affected with no Cox service after power outage. Problem resolved with easy reset, yet we wait 2 agonizing days and many frustrating calls. Should Cox have automatically reset with power outage?Should Cox have the courtesy to call me back on delays or complains?Should I pay for the days I am not getting service?