9.1K views

Ever since my wife negotiated a new Cox contract for the Cable,internet and phone, Cox installed new Boxes with their highly touted Contour system.It freezes constantly, forgets a show you paused and forces you to rewatch from beginning with commercials (Free on demand).

The system doesn't respond half the time when you push a button on remote for page up, or down. If you stop a show to go to the bathroom, the system sometimes shows nothing under recently veiwed, system sucks to navigate, fast forward, pause and rewind respond differently depending on which channel or network you are watching on demand. picture will freeze, put the elapsed timer keeps going so you have no idea how far you fast forwarded to avoid the commercial or intro. When you restart a stopped program from the recently veiwed section you sometimes get sound and no picture, picture and no sound, or picture and a high pitched modulating screech that sounds like a voice synthisizer from some Hip-Hop music video that is unintelligible.

Cox has been to our house over 60 times over the years. Each time we get a different story on what is wrong, with no actual solution or resolution. Worse company there is. The right hand has no idea what the left is doing.

One Cox worker rewired our incoming box outside the house, next visit the technician claims WE rewired it to steal cable!

Absolute morons!!!!Cox sucks, Contour is the most bug infested shody software.

Had an Experience with Cox Communications?

Comments

Contour II boxes are terrible.Techs have been out and replaced twice.

Several channels not tuning or freezing. First set of boxes stopped working completely.

New appt tomorrow.Tech have been to my home 6 times in the last mth.

Cox has the worst customer service of any company. Nothing will change until they lose your business aND your money.

Has anyone’s Contour box just shut off out of the blue? We’ll be watching TV and it would just shut off. Anyone else experience that too?

Same issues here.I get the skipping and freezing.

I'm sick of calling them and I'm tired of the home visits that never fix the problem and the excuses why it's not working but, NOW it's been figured out and I shouldn't have any problems...then, BOOM it's back and you're on the phone with them again. It's exasperating. Don't trust them and their misinformed repairman. Oh, and I like when they bash each other....

Oh, yeah that last repair visit the guy must have been a moron and then the reasons why they're right and the last guy was an idiot. I just gave up with the game.

If there were an equivalent service available here I would just ship.But, for now I'll have to accept their ineptness and lack of professionalism.

Nothing has changed - we have the same issues.

Mesa, Arizona, United States #1274226

I've had the same problems. Contour box drops out during a movie. I'm dumping Cox next month, as you pay a month in advance.

Fort Smith, Arkansas, United States #1247629

I wonder if I should switch to ATT Uverse...

Warwick, Rhode Island, United States #1235513

I go trough same *** with my system, want to go back to fios, yeah they might have been a little more expensive but never had any of these problems and the quality of the picture was better and the speed of their internet was better

Las Vegas, Nevada, United States #1194103

I have had the same problems and more with cox and its lemon "contour".The contour is so seriously flawed it's unbelievable, they obviously didn't work all the bugs out or any of them for that matter.

I warn anyone thinking of using cox to go with anyone but them.And choosing contour will be a huge miserable mistake.

Goodyear, Arizona, United States #1177634

I had TIVO for 3 years and had a lot of trouble with Cox provided cable cards and tuning adaptors.Finally, Cox sent out a technician who spend over 3 hours trying to solve all the issues, but could not.

She was the nicest tech I ever had.

She finally told me it most likely was in the TIVO box itself. She suggested the Cox Contour System, and we went with it. Both the Main Box and small Satellite Box she installed in the bedroom TV were both brand new. We really like all of the features much better than TIVO.

However we are having the same problems everyone else is with freezing pictures, slow operation of the guide, etc. We have to call in and have it rebooted every few days.

They wanted to send a tech out, but there is nothing wrong with my lines. A line is either bad or it's good. They don't work "sometimes".

From what I'm reading here, the issues are with the Cox Contour System itself. And no tech coming out to my house is going to fix lousy software. I, like everyone else, will have to live with this, until they fix whatever is wrong on their end with the system. God knows when that will be....

If ever.