Woonsocket, Rhode Island
17.8K views

Ever since my wife negotiated a new Cox contract for the Cable,internet and phone, Cox installed new Boxes with their highly touted Contour system. It freezes constantly, forgets a show you paused and forces you to rewatch from beginning with commercials (Free on demand).

The system doesn't respond half the time when you push a button on remote for page up, or down. If you stop a show to go to the bathroom, the system sometimes shows nothing under recently veiwed, system sucks to navigate, fast forward, pause and rewind respond differently depending on which channel or network you are watching on demand. picture will freeze, put the elapsed timer keeps going so you have no idea how far you fast forwarded to avoid the commercial or intro. When you restart a stopped program from the recently veiwed section you sometimes get sound and no picture, picture and no sound, or picture and a high pitched modulating screech that sounds like a voice synthisizer from some Hip-Hop music video that is unintelligible.

Cox has been to our house over 60 times over the years. Each time we get a different story on what is wrong, with no actual solution or resolution. Worse company there is. The right hand has no idea what the left is doing.

One Cox worker rewired our incoming box outside the house, next visit the technician claims WE rewired it to steal cable!

Absolute morons!!!! Cox sucks, Contour is the most bug infested shody software.

Comments

Same issues as described above....fast forwarding and won’t stop, delayed fast forwarding, freezing, remote not working, etc. New system SUCKS! And it’s all over priced!

Haven’t had it that long is terrible stops blacks out stop talking going to get rid of it providence ri

Cox is horrid. Non stop issues.

Completely incompetent. Today they replaced my old cable boxes with contour. By late afternoon main box already not working. Called and they rebooted box.

No improvement. No one can come for 2 days. So no tv. Each time they send incompetent technician.

Sadly in my area there is no choice other than DIsh which I am planning on changing to. Could not be any worse, right.

Just horrid horrid company. Ridiculous.

Cox technicians will visit our place for the third time in less than a week! The new contour boxes are no good.

@Anonymous

Agree

I have to restart my boxes at least twice a day plus remote freezes up constantly this is the worst cable system. Already switched internet companies and about to do the same with TV

I agree

Irene Moore
Shopping Expert

Please contact the Cox Communications customer care team to find a solution. The company offers assistance by phone, by email and via live chat.

You may also share your experience with Cox Communications customers as well as the company top management by posting your comments via the company social media networks. All contact information is available on the Cox Communications Contacts tab on the Pissed Consumer website.

@Irene Moore

Haha. You are hilarious!

#1711919

Contour is absolutely *** and unresponsive. I can't believe how much I'm paying per month for a Cable box that takes 4 button presses most of the time to respond.

It's not the remote, it's the system. All boxes are unresponsive, but most of all the master/DVR box.

Terrible technology. Stay away if you can.

My wife and I were forced to upgrade to the contour DVR a couple of months ago. The TV now takes up to 30 seconds to even turn on, pressing the power button the whole time.

Also, sometimes it will record shows and sometimes it won't, really annoying. The whole point of a DVR is so you don't have to watch the show as it airs.

Spot on. Terrible platform.

A complete joke. We can’t even watch half our channels. Supper always wants to send someone. Then someone shows up and they say the back end team needs to review.

Junk junk junk. It’s same platform Comcast has (Xfinity) but seems to be buggier for some reason.

He is correct!

FrozenStickInsect456

Does anyone have an issue with the "wireless" contour box? We have gone thru 4 boxes now.

Randomly the programming will freeze, loop or skip several seconds. Sometimes you are unable to change the channel or you get the error message: "We are having a problem on our end" Cox has sent techs out to our apartment 5 times. We have replaced the modem twice.

Occasionally the modem will completely drop the internet. Anyone else have these experiences?

Hype. That is what this new contour is.

I am headed to the cox store for the third time this week for another box.

The contour boxes are dying each time. This is a potential fire hazard.

ExemplaryCarp

Cox cable sucks. Said we needed to upgrade to their contour system or lose service.

We got the new box- it didn’t work with our older tv, so they sent out a technician. They said that there wouldn’t be a charge since it didn’t work with the automatic setup. Got our bill this month and they charged us $75 for a service call. I am not a happy customer.

If they don’t straighten this out will be canceling service and go elsewhere.

They just keep raising rates too. Don’t fall for their specials and get stuck with higher bills every month

I hate Cox. They have screwed usbover since April 2018 eith that nonsense Contour.

My husband still does not have his email running right and they want him (force to pay in addition/mnth advance email system) on top of monthly cable fee.

And it is always dropping. SWITCHING TO DIRECT TV!!!

It's sad, but Cox is a lost cause. They are a failure at all levels and should sell to someone who will fix it...

Ugh!!! I’m having the same issues!

Since day one of having Cox service! So frustrating! What’s even more frustrating is now it seems like all of my shows are not free to watch last season. They want you to pay more for it!

Really?

Like we aren’t paying enough! For a service which doesn’t even work well!

cox worse service i have ever had they could not get away with their *** on east coast