13.1K views

Ever since my wife negotiated a new Cox contract for the Cable,internet and phone, Cox installed new Boxes with their highly touted Contour system. It freezes constantly, forgets a show you paused and forces you to rewatch from beginning with commercials (Free on demand).

The system doesn't respond half the time when you push a button on remote for page up, or down. If you stop a show to go to the bathroom, the system sometimes shows nothing under recently veiwed, system sucks to navigate, fast forward, pause and rewind respond differently depending on which channel or network you are watching on demand. picture will freeze, put the elapsed timer keeps going so you have no idea how far you fast forwarded to avoid the commercial or intro. When you restart a stopped program from the recently veiwed section you sometimes get sound and no picture, picture and no sound, or picture and a high pitched modulating screech that sounds like a voice synthisizer from some Hip-Hop music video that is unintelligible.

Cox has been to our house over 60 times over the years. Each time we get a different story on what is wrong, with no actual solution or resolution. Worse company there is. The right hand has no idea what the left is doing.

One Cox worker rewired our incoming box outside the house, next visit the technician claims WE rewired it to steal cable!

Absolute morons!!!! Cox sucks, Contour is the most bug infested shody software.

Comments

Ugh!!! I’m having the same issues!

Since day one of having Cox service! So frustrating! What’s even more frustrating is now it seems like all of my shows are not free to watch last season. They want you to pay more for it!

Really?

Like we aren’t paying enough! For a service which doesn’t even work well!

cox worse service i have ever had they could not get away with their *** on east coast

Recently was forced to "upgrade" to Contour, aside from loosing all my recorded content, the new Guide totally sucks. Don't upgrade if you don't have to !

The new Contour channel guide is the worst and the audio part is a Joke. Really Guys maybe if you put some money into this product people would stay with you.

Gave up on them all together Sticking with over the air Free TV Internet. Seems to work a lot better.

to Anonymous #1590603

This is an understatement and the support team does not even know how the system works I’m 90 minutes into a support call and they are still confused

I agree... The contour DVR is completely lame.

I understand the effort to modernize devices but this DVR is very bad. The interface is very hard to use. Too many steps to obtain a results and there is no timer recording. Very sluggish.

When cable service is down you cannot watch the shows recorded on the hard drive, how dumb is that? Screensaver cannot be disabled completely, it has a max time of five hours, I guess the software designers think 5 hours is enough and you can't do anything about it.

It's 2018 and I've just gone through this experience recently, some additional useful features but the interface is clunky it's hard to do basic actions and the system seems to freeze at least several times weekly. Sure glad these guys don't make cell phones.

ditto

JUST LOST ALL MY SOCCER GAMES (ALL SEASON LONG) RECORDED IN DVR, CONTOUR BOX JUST DIED,

to JC PINCHECOX #1590605

It’s designed to be smart and not required any human intelligence, but then there is not ability to edit and manually change options. It’s sad!

Every time we go from watching Netflix back to contour, it says no signal. Checked all the cables and the input.

Have to reboot the system every time. What a pain

#1482060

Multiple TC's. All services cut out.

Internet/phone don't work half the time . I rely on my house phone and this is a major problem. They refuse to credit our acct.

because we always have a TC pending so over a year of *** service and no one will do anything. GRRRRR.

#1419319

Entering this, on the oft chance Cox reads this stuff...

We like the Contour system, but given the cost, the lack of reliable service is hard to accept. We have a main DVR and three satellite boxes.

We have had the DVR replaced twice (in six months) due to a multitude of problems, but those same problems continue and we are reluctant to waste any more time having the box replaced. Cox has redone every connection in our house more than once. They have replaced the splitters and redone the exterior connection. basically, every piece of hardware has been replaced or redone.

We get picture freezes, pixelation, lack of response to remote controls, false error messages, recording problems, and just one small error after another. About once a week we have to unplug and restart every box. After we do that, things seem to work better, at least for a week or so.

Cox will cut always your costs, if you complain enough.

We looked at dumping cable, but once we added up the cost of the various hardware pieces and services necessary to give us what we want, we were right back at the cost of Cox, with more hassles.

Anyway, if you came here because you are frustrated with Contour, rest assured you are not imaging things -- the system is flawed (big time).

to DD #1436126

Only used for a few days, already had a failure that required a service call. Have had Cox I san diego for 10 years, needed a new box every few years, the contour didn't work right out of the box, and 2 days after service call, started freezing. What an expensive piece of junk

Contour II boxes are terrible. Techs have been out and replaced twice.

Several channels not tuning or freezing. First set of boxes stopped working completely.

New appt tomorrow. Tech have been to my home 6 times in the last mth.

Cox has the worst customer service of any company. Nothing will change until they lose your business aND your money.

Has anyone’s Contour box just shut off out of the blue? We’ll be watching TV and it would just shut off. Anyone else experience that too?

to Theresa 64 #1415280

Yes my dvr just keeps reboot. Got new box on Saturday.

Installed at 12. By 5 it was rebooting all night. Got them coming Tuesday.

We had 5 0r 6 boxes. All ready.

Same issues here. I get the skipping and freezing.

I'm sick of calling them and I'm tired of the home visits that never fix the problem and the excuses why it's not working but, NOW it's been figured out and I shouldn't have any problems...then, BOOM it's back and you're on the phone with them again. It's exasperating. Don't trust them and their misinformed repairman. Oh, and I like when they bash each other....

Oh, yeah that last repair visit the guy must have been a moron and then the reasons why they're right and the last guy was an idiot. I just gave up with the game.

If there were an equivalent service available here I would just ship. But, for now I'll have to accept their ineptness and lack of professionalism.

Nothing has changed - we have the same issues.

Mesa, Arizona, United States #1274226

I've had the same problems. Contour box drops out during a movie. I'm dumping Cox next month, as you pay a month in advance.