13.6K views

Ever since my wife negotiated a new Cox contract for the Cable,internet and phone, Cox installed new Boxes with their highly touted Contour system. It freezes constantly, forgets a show you paused and forces you to rewatch from beginning with commercials (Free on demand).

The system doesn't respond half the time when you push a button on remote for page up, or down. If you stop a show to go to the bathroom, the system sometimes shows nothing under recently veiwed, system sucks to navigate, fast forward, pause and rewind respond differently depending on which channel or network you are watching on demand. picture will freeze, put the elapsed timer keeps going so you have no idea how far you fast forwarded to avoid the commercial or intro. When you restart a stopped program from the recently veiwed section you sometimes get sound and no picture, picture and no sound, or picture and a high pitched modulating screech that sounds like a voice synthisizer from some Hip-Hop music video that is unintelligible.

Cox has been to our house over 60 times over the years. Each time we get a different story on what is wrong, with no actual solution or resolution. Worse company there is. The right hand has no idea what the left is doing.

One Cox worker rewired our incoming box outside the house, next visit the technician claims WE rewired it to steal cable!

Absolute morons!!!! Cox sucks, Contour is the most bug infested shody software.

Comments

Williamsburg, Virginia, United States #873357

Contour is not ready for prime time. The system was developed by Cox and has too many software issues and should not have been offered to the public.

Cox continues to say they are working on the issues but I don't see any fixes for the numerous problems anytime soon. They continue to take our money for an inferior product and offer us nothing in return. Their response to my weekly complaints is to stay the course, we are working on the software issues. It appears that they want us to suffer through there growing pains.

My only option is direct TV which appears at this time to be far superior. I'm giving Cox another month to fix the issues (picture freeze, lost recordings, rewind and search problems) if not I'm switching to Direct TV.

to juice #877818

I was recently told by a Cox rep that Contour has some serious software problems that only Cisco can fix -- program freezes, rewind/ff variable speeds, failure to record, disk crashes, failure of server/client connections, etc. Based on that info, I decided to stick with my DVRs and wait until Cox and Cisco get their Contour act together (if they ever do!).

to juice Chesapeake, Virginia, United States #947640

I am having problems again with the main box. If they replace it, it will be the 4th main box

in 3 months.

It usally takes a week for the right tech to find the real problem.

It seems to

change each time a new tech comes out. I am really getting tired od losing all my recorded shows.

I have the same problems as reported above. The box is constantly frozen, I can't get guide or recorded shows. Can't change channels half the time

Multiple problems with this service from Cox, doesn't pause live tv, we keep getting an error saying "experiences technical problems try again later" so tired of the same problems

Meriden, Connecticut, United States #834188

Cox Contour is not recommended we have nothing but problems since April. They suck and we have had numerous cox people here and they blame each other.

Here I sit tonight with no cable at all.

Think I will be canceling soon and go to something else. I am totally fed up after 38 years!!!!

Atlanta, Georgia, United States #823929

I understand what your saying you need help with this.Wanna move on to better services and for better value for money contact 877-709-3832 Reach Jordan Katzen.I was with these guys too Had the same issue.And on that day got a call from this guy informing me about at&t all the insight promotional services and stuff lol.i was so pissed i wouldve gone with anything he had to offer but he still gave me the best for my business.and he got got me the best package now i found out that i was paying way too much too these guys and getting *** services.He will help you move on to the best services and help you get the best possible package for money Im not joking this guy is Legit.He helps you get the best At&t package possible and you will be very impressed with the services.Good Luck