I have been with them for 15 years. Generally good service. But their equipment is old technology that is fair at best. I finally replaced their modem with my own modem. What a difference! Way faster speeds and less "burps" in service.

In 15+ years I have never paid them late. We went on vacation and forgot to pay. Get home on the 20th and our cox services are turned off. Called immediately to complain about the sudden disconnect after 18 yrs of paying on schedule, never late, never a missed payment. They were nice, but I cancelled the account, really due to the years of BS, breakdowns, technical glitches, etc. They put me through to the retention department. I reamed them about their outrageous pricing. Behold they allegedly lowered my price with a one-year price guarantee, from $277 per month to $175. Well that was a lie. I get my next bill and they are charging me just over $200 per month. And I have less channels than I had before.

They talk a good game but their equipment is old stuff- their new products are full of glitches (Contour), their service staff are nice but not 100% truthful. BTW they tend to have monopolies wherever they operate.

Strongly suggest only getting internet from them and buying & using your own modem and "cut the cable" use free TV, Roku, Amazon, Netflix etc.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss pricing issue of cox communications cable tv service. Cox Communications needs to read this review and look into the issue (if any) according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned cox communications cable tv service in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Cox Communications.

Comments