Resolved
4.0

Update by user Nov 20, 2016

After a couple more calls, Cox did the right thing. They apologized and agreed to do a high-quality installation process (including putting wire underground in parts) at no cost to me.

I've talked to enough supervisors to believe they really will do this over the next five weeks.

It's too bad that it took so many complaints for them to finally do the right thing, but I'm grateful that they came around. (I'll add another update if they don't follow through.) They definitely need to fix their standard processes, but I think they are fundamentally a decent company.

Original review posted by user Nov 17, 2016

I'm trying to get cable in our house in Little Compton, RI. They sent a survey crew, who said we were all set. Here's the run-down of the four cancellations (all preceded by emails confirming the times) since then:

1) No one showed up. When I called, they said they forgot to put my birthday in the credit check (even though they had told me that a positive credit check had been received). They didn't bother to contact me about the cancellation -- or just to get my birth date. Instead they didn't show up and didn't say anything until I called them.

2) An installer came and said he didn't have the right equipment -- they would need a bucket truck and two people (although the site had already been surveyed by Cox). No explanation of why they were unprepared.

3) A single installer came without a bucket truck. He called his dispatcher (on speakerphone, so I could hear) and was told they forgot to read the notes on the account before dispatching him. (I had driven >50 miles to be there.)

4) They didn't show up because someone in their Wichita, KS office said that they needed to send a construction crew. Despite the fact that a surveyor, the #2 installer, and the #3 installer had viewed they site, they decided they were unprepared for the #4 appointment they scheduled. They never explained why they scheduled it.

They haven't communicated with me in any way since cancellation #4. They have a local monopoly, so I can't go to anyone else. Several of their people were apologetic and courteous, some were not. But it's been about six weeks since I first contacted them to buy their service, and I still have nothing but bitter memories of their ridiculous cancellations. All I can do is ask the state regulators to discipline them or remove their monopoly.

Product or Service Mentioned: Cox Communications Cable Installation.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

I liked: Only apologies.

I didn't like: Failure to prepare for scheduled appointments.

Comments