2.6
Coverage Area
Style and Design

My bundle for Ultimate had expired, as I had for 2 years, so they wanted to increase my price by a huge amount (going from 115 to well over 190/month).So, I went to the website, and did the next few things, and this was the outcome: The website offered a bundle which the apartment complex couldn't honor.

Had to call and confirm order, which the lady on the phone did, and took off phone service, so I could get the rest of the bundle. Then I had to go buy a $200 modem. Then I went to the Cox Store, who couldn't see that I setup service, or put a deposit. Then I picked up the boxes from Cox Store, went home and plugged them in Then I plugged in the cable modem I purchased (CM1000) Then I had to get it activated, which it wouldn't connect, sure and the helpdesk said that I couldn't get the service here.

Then they said I couldn't activate due to the Cm1000 not being compatible, then they said that I'd have to have a professional install, instead of a self install, which the lady on the phone and store said I could do. Then I spoke to a manager, and he activated the account, but modem wouldn't activate. Then I returned the item via Amazon (still waiting on UPS to pick up) Then I went to the cox store and they tried to resolve the issue, but couldn't add the modem. Then they finally were able to add phone service, and give me the modem.

Then I go home, and the modem won't activate, though they activated at the store. So I had to call support again, and they stated that there was a work order open to install. They resolved the work order, and 'activated' the modem, and said they would reboot it. That was the end of the call, and the guy was very rude.

Then The modem came online, but couldn't activate due to a major unexpected outage in our area (note, the downstairs neighbor has cox, and no outage there, so whatever) Then the lady on the support phone (cuz I had to call yet again), said that the work order was completed, but the service not activated on the account, so she activated it, but couldn't get the service to work because of the outage.

Then around 2am my service came online, and I was finally able to do about 8 hours of work in 3 hours, and have no *** sleep.This has been one HUGE screw up by Cox since upgrading my service, and I am MOST ASSUREDLY NOT HAPPY AT ALL.

Review about: Cox Communications Internet Service.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

Had an Experience with Cox Communications?

Comments