1550 W Deer Valley Rd, Phoenix, AZ 85027
1.3

I am writing this letter to the Cox Communication Corporate Office because I have tried to resolve this situation through six phone calls and a visit to the Cox Store in Tempe, Arizona. My husband, Benson Manlove, and I had Cox services for many years and all seem to go well until my husband died last year.

Since December 2018, I have been trying to have his name removed from the account and my name on the account. While the Cox representatives keep ensuring me they were taking care of it. They did not. First, I discovered and shared with a Cox Representative that I had two accounts- seem to have two accounts.

The first is in my husband (Benson Manlove's name -001-8501-223622504) and the second in my name (Sylvia Manlove- 001-8501-223622505). The representative I talked with ensure me he was canceling my husband's account. Finally, when I saw that this had not happened, I went into the Cox Store in Tempe Marketplace and talked with Danie. Again, she said the the change would be made.

But what was done was the my account was set-up as a new account- I got welcome emails. They still did not delete my husband's account. I came home after a family visit and found that I did not have any services. The TV and Internet service read that I need to activate the service by calling a specific phone number.

I called only to be told that she could not activate the service, I needed to call the next morning and ask for "loyalty" services- some joke. I did this early because I need the Internet for my job as an online adjunct faculty member for a university. The TV and Internet was activated. I then got a call from my sister that my landline was not working.

Again, I called Cox only to be told that they had changed my phone number without consulting me and I have no idea what the number actually is now. When I talked to the representative he called my old number and I thought it worked. I also asked for his manager and I was disconnected. Finally, on May 18 I received an email that read "Hi Benson" with a bill of $94.37 and I paid it because I need the Internet for my job.

On May 20, I received another bill in my name for $213.51. This is really crazy and frustrating. I am traveling a great deal to family graduations and to plan my husband's upcoming celebration of life in Michigan. I have little time to sit on the phone with Cox knowing they will not follow through.

I just want one account- my account and my landline working with my original phone number since that is the only number many of my and my husband's older relative use. I am pissed!

Product or Service Mentioned: Cox Communications Account.

Preferred solution: Figure this out and make it right!.

Comments