Cox Communications systematically steals customer money for non-exsistent equipment when accounts are closed.When my sister passed away, they charged me over $500 for equipment that didn't exist when closing her account.
Since they donot provide receipts or any serial numbers on their bills there is no paper trail for their equipment to prove one wayor the pther. They threatened to ruin my credit rating, so I paid up. I also returned every piece of equipment on my own account, dropped to internet only and purchased my own modem. Could NOT get an itemized receipt for the purchase.
What legitimate company does not provide itemized receipts???. I just closed that account and AGAIN have bogus equipment charges on the final bill. For an account that had absolutely no Cox equipment associated with it. Customer service put me on hold for 15 minutes and then just disconnected.
I expect I will get the same run around and threats of being reported to the crdit agency for nonpayment if i dont pay the extortion yet again. This is IN ADDITION to charging $50 when my stolen credit card ( thanks target) couldn't be updated on their website due to system errors until the day AFTER my bill was due. This "service charge" was more than the entire bill and was charged without any warning.
Quite a nice profit maker for this thieving corporation.Monopolies SUCK and Cox is about the worst.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Unauthorized Charges
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "This Asian Beauties (AsianBeauties.com) website requires that you purchase expensive credits. You must pay 10 credits to open/read every letter, and pay 10 credits to respond to every letter. 10..."
- "Resume services or give refund for not providing proper services. On 08-26-2015, my service with POW was interrupted with notice of wrong doing whatsoever. I still receive notifications from current..."
- "Probably the worst consumer experience I have ever encountered! The owner of Phamegram was extremely rude, accusing me of things such as "broke" and a "cheapstake" and making impudent comments..."
- "Dropped a 95 Honda Accord of at around noon on 5/11/2012. Wanted the car checked for possible catalytic converter replacement. Asked for a call when diagnosis was done...."
- "SupremePsychics is really a bad website and was established in March 2013. The psychics on there are fake and are just here for the money. They do not care for..."
- "Oil change at WAL-MART resulted in engine plug falling out September 30, 2011, locking up my engine. Towed to 2 shops that verified it was a WALMART problem. WALMART would..."
- "I used thumbtack for a contractor and you are right no accountability. It took 3 weeks to get a very small kitchen remodeled with. Countertops. Floor, backsplash. Cabinets and..."
- "I am posting this review for my Son who has had a Very Negative experience with Ziebart Poe Ave. (Vandalia, Ohio) & Ziebart Troy, Ohio. Avoid Ziebart &..."
- "I have become the victim of rascism by Kayla Dormer who is emploed at Aerotek recruting which is a recruiting firm. I met Kayla for the recruitment process and ..."