I called Cox to order a Netgear CM1000 modem.I had to call them because they didn't have one at my local Cox store and the sales person told me to call.

In any event, despite confirming four times that I was ordering this modem and having the Cox representative repeat it to me each time, today I received a Netgear R6300 router. When I called Cox, Ty in sales told me that just because I specified something, it doesn't matter, they just ship me whatever they happen to have. I was transferred to billing to make sure I wasn't charged for the wrong equipment and the woman that I spoke with, whose name I will not give because she was very polite, confirmed what Ty told me and said if I want to get something specific, I should go to Best Buy.

While I appreciate her honesty, I'm floored at how a business can have this attitude.Needless to say, I'm returning the router that they "just happened to have" and will never purchase anything from Cox again unless they have it in the store and I can hold it in my hand.

Review about: Cox Communications Customer Care.

Had an Experience with Cox Communications?

Comments