I have been dealing with Cox for 6-7 months. I have been getting an extra $100 charge for excessive use of data each month.

We have changed nothing on our use. Cox has had numerous repair people out to the house and has changed out the router/modem several times, along with the password. I have been to the Cox "Solutions" store at 59th Ave/Bell Rd. and talked with the store manager there.

The "solution" is: I have someone getting into my "COX" modem/router (Cox equipment) and they are using my data and Cox can do nothing about it!!!! As of today I am still getting charged $100/month for excessive data and Cox says, "It is not their problem, but mine".

Does anybody reading this have a true solution. I contacted the Arizona Corporation Commission and they also stated they do not handle this.

Product or Service Mentioned: Cox Communications Internet Service.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

I didn't like: Response regarding over charges on internet services.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Sep 05.

Comments

h.kitchener

Sure sounds like someone is hacking into your wireless router. Do a web search with a query such as: stop someone hacking into router and do some research.

This is a relatively common problem in area where many people have computers in a neighborhood, apartment, etc. You need to take a good look at the router you have as far as security and capabilities and then look for methods on how to make your wireless totally secure. Someone close to your router is taking advantage of your wireless connection. And, no Cox nor anyone else can or will help you with this.

You need to secure your home wireless connection. Note: I am assuming no one who has access to your computer or another one on your network within your home is actually using this excess data and not telling you they are doing so---in which case you have a familial problem.