Ordered service online at a special price of $89.99.Advertised as an total estimate of $103.89 including tax.

However, first bill is for $124.49. Bill includes $20.40 in a slew of various taxes. Yet, when ordered online it did not say at any time that taxes w/b $20+ per month. It's outrageous and false advertising.

Had I known I would pay $20.00 per month in taxes I would not have ordered this service. I called and spoke with 3 different people. Each said they can't do anything about this, and that them using the term 'estimate' allows them to charge whatever.

Basically, they offer you a discount, then, turn around and put the difference in to taxes, which they don't show you when ordering.They are the poorest customer service I've ever come across in business.

Review about: Contour Tv Internet And Home Phone.

Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Pricing issue / Not specified
Preferred solution Price reduction

Had an Experience with Cox Communications?

Submit review

Comments

Be first to start a discussion.

Cox Communications Customer Care Review Cox Communications "Wow this company is the absolute worst. I bought a home & decided to get Verizon since it's only $50 a month & wasn't an option in my old neighborhood...." Read more Directv - Bill kept increasing while on a 2 year guaranteed Contract! Directv "My deal was for $110.00 per month + tax - TV, Internet & phone.Within two months of bundling the 3, ($10 savings?), the bill was $175.02..." Read more Zomato - Fraud Zomato "In my experience twice i ordered through Zomato and twice they purchased my bank card without receiving my order. they always go with the payment without checking if the restaurant..." Read more Internet America to ...who? Oh...Rise Broadband?? Rise Broadband "Oh, hold on to your pants. This is a long ride. In June of 2014, I received a postcard flyer from Rise Broadband letting me know they bought Internet America..." Read more SensoryBeads Com - Fake company. Do not order anything! SensoryBeads Com "I placed an order on April 4th, 2017 & received a confirmation email with receipt within minutes. Today is April 30th, 2017 and I haven't received anything else. The number..." Read more Light In The Box - Item Never Arrived Light In The Box "Luckily, I only made a small purchase from this company: two LED bulbs to replace Halogens. The price was great, under $8 with free shipping. Unfortunately, after ordering, there was..." Read more Rosegal - RESOLVED Rosegal "Order No : Z1703211334423875 “Acquired rosegal.com brushes, were very pleased !!! The time will come and you begin to understand that to apply makeup with brushes, much easier and better...." Read more Desertcart - Issues with shipping Desertcart "The estimated date for my item to arrive was between 20th and 22nd although my item did not arrive by 25th so I thought it was about time I contact..." Read more