Ordered service online at a special price of $89.99.Advertised as an total estimate of $103.89 including tax.

However, first bill is for $124.49. Bill includes $20.40 in a slew of various taxes. Yet, when ordered online it did not say at any time that taxes w/b $20+ per month. It's outrageous and false advertising.

Had I known I would pay $20.00 per month in taxes I would not have ordered this service. I called and spoke with 3 different people. Each said they can't do anything about this, and that them using the term 'estimate' allows them to charge whatever.

Basically, they offer you a discount, then, turn around and put the difference in to taxes, which they don't show you when ordering.They are the poorest customer service I've ever come across in business.

Review about: Contour Tv Internet And Home Phone.

Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Pricing issue / Not specified
Preferred solution Price reduction

Had an Experience with Cox Communications?

Comments

Be the first to start a discussion

Cox Communications - Terrible Service and Terrible Speeds = Lost Customer Cox Communications "So I am paying over $200.00 Per month for services. CABLE: I constantly have box resets. I'm told every month it is that I have an older box...." Read more Sonetel - Smells like a scam Sonetel "I recently bought 2 numbers for overseas. The service was terrible. About 50% of the time I was getting either one-way connection (the other party was hearing me, but I..." Read more Smart Circle International - *** Smart Circle International "Are you a psychopath? Are you a ***? Do you have no moral compass? If so, Smart Circle International is the place for you. Everybody hears..." Read more Straight Talk Wireless Kept My Number and Refuses to Unlock My Phone Straight Talk Wireless "I left Straight talk (Affiliated with Net10 and subsidiary of Tracfone) because of the 30 day billing. I need my bills to remain on the same day every month. Sometimes..." Read more Tide - Bad pods Tide "I have been using the pods for a few years now and I love them however this last batch has ruined, a set of sheets, 3 pr of underwear, 3..." Read more Open Range Rv - New unit bought 4 months ago.  Been in shop whole time Open Range Rv "On 3/14/17 our family (four kids 3 7 yrs old) bought our 1st large purchase outside of our home. It was also the 1st time that we purchased anything brand..." Read more CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT AGAINST ACORN STAIRLIFTS Acorn Stairlifts "If you own an outdoor Acorn stairlift, an Acorn 130 or 180 from 2014 or newer you can qualify to be part of a class action lawsuit against Acorn Stairlifts...." Read more Union Trade Company Humanitarian Charitable Foundation - Union Trade Company - Straphon Eubanks - Swift Fraud & Deception Union Trade Company Humanitarian Charitable Foundation "This horrific financial matter began approximately 6 months ago and involved a financial instrument (SBLC) supplied by Mr John S Diak to Union Trade Company. Union Trade Company owns another..." Read more