Coverage Area
Style and Design

After my call with Shelly from retention on Friday afternoon, 11/10/17, I will never use Cox again.Not a threat, just a promise to myself.

I spent 20 minutes with the first associate only to be told they couldn't help and had to transfer me to retention. Shelly picked up. It is a testament to Cox's lawyers that she isn't in jail or fined, and a testament to their incompetence and utter disdain for their customers that she's still employed there. Not only did Shelly refuse to correct a billing ERROR (I'm continuing to be billed for equipment I returned 3 months ago), she intentionally did not listen to me and only continued attempting to sell me product.

She stated that my Amazon Fire stick was "an illegal device", that she had no authority to fix the billing issue (which is why I was transferred to her in the first place), that retaining my TV Cable was essential for streaming Netflix. I attempted to clarify this as she appeared to try to be misleading me into a sale, and she persisted that it was not the internet that was essential for streaming, it was cable. She said "your welcome" after I told her she was clearly not listening to me and I would be calling a manager sometime later. I had never told her "thank you".

I've been on the receiving end of these intimidating, misleading and false statement sales tactics before: it was on a used car lot, not from a supposed "customer service" representative. Do whatever you can not to sign up with Cox, even if it means having to tether from your wireless carrier or go without internet. Their abuse and utter disregard for you truly knows no bounds. Please let me know of any official resources I can access to report Shelly and Cox more broadly if you know of any.

One of the reasons they abuse you is because there is no accountability.Google fiber needs to hurry up and put this truly awful, dare I say evil, corporation.

Review about: Cox Communications Customer Care.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Had an Experience with Cox Communications?

Comments