Featured Not resolved
1.7
Coverage Area
Style and Design

Let me start by stating this is not a pleasant review. I initially inquired about Cox in January of 2017, due to an upcoming move.

I had Verizon as my cable provider, and they did not service the area I was moving to. I did my due diligence and researched prices for companies that serviced the area, and Cox came in at the lowest prices ($160 after taxes for the 3 bundle all channels). I should have known something was up when I had called back to go forward with signing up, when the price had increased to $190, the dropped to $180 after the agent told me there was another “discount” he could add. I requested a supervisor, who finally came to the conclusion that the 1st agent was right and that there was a promotion for those in my service area of $160/mo.

Trusting a supervisor I let them run my credit and scheduled the date of service. The highlight of Cox customer service was the installation guy, who was full of tips on how to use the devices and was a pleasure to speak with. Not even a week, later I noticed my bill was incorrect showing I owed over $400. It took several calls and agents to tell me it was a system error and would be corrected.

A week after that it was “corrected” to $246 dollars for 2 weeks of service! As you can tell, it’s takes a lot of phone calls and cold transfers to get an ounce of information from these people. Still, under a month of service I called again, as my normal bill should be max $170 and I moved in during the middle of the month of February, so my bill should be prorated. It took calling in, until the second week of March, to get somewhere!

I spoke to a agent named Jason in the Customer Advocate department, who told me there was system issue with the discount code for my service area and it’s not calculating properly. He explained my first bill should be $70, and the second month $167. As those number sounded right to me, I paid both bill as they became due. Now it’s April and I thought everything was fine, until I get an email from Cox stating my bill is $213.

I think oh boy, not this again, so I call in for the normal cold transfers to unknown departments; after 30 mins on the phone and speaking to 7 people, I got transferred to a Leroy who said he was in the Customer Advocate department like, Jason was. I cut to the chase and state that my bill is incorrect, it seems it needs a manual adjustment again, he tells me he’s unable to and that my bill is correct. Leroy goes on to say that, he doesn’t know why Jason was adjusting the bill, even though he’s able to read the notes. I’m waiting for a call from a supervisor as this company has been nothing, but a headache.

This has gotten to the point of FRAUD, how can they sign someone up for a price of $170 a month than back pedal to $213. I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS COMPANY TO ANYONE!!!!

STAY AWAY!! I’ve only had service for 2 months and they have done nothing but make me regret it.

Product or Service Mentioned: Cox Communications Bundle.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Apr 26, 2017.

Comments

Same thing happened to me on the price of my internet and phone service. Was told by a agent in loyalty department in OK what my price would be for 12 months and the first month the bill came correct but the second month is was a lot higher, I called and talked to 7 people in 2 different departments and they all contradicted each other, on phone yesterday for a total of 5 1/2 hours trying to get them to correct their error and listen to the tape of the offer and price I was given...of course no one listens or problem corrected. Stay away from cox because they use bait and switch, and there is no way for you to correct the garbage they are pulling on you.

Terrible cable and internet services. Cable constantly freezes and internet works literally 25 percent of the time.

Paying almost $3000.00 per year for subpar services. Service techs are here at least every other month. 3 techs in the last 4 weeks.

Totally unacceptable service, feeling over charged and unvalued as a "loyal customer". The customer service reps read straight from script...we apologize, we're sry for your wait, blah blah blah blah.

pwaller40
Henderson, Nevada, United States #1328077

Ripping people off is what Cox does best. My agreement is up in August and I am finished with these scumbags.