I have been a Cox customer since 2002. Cox has always supplied my modem at no cost to me.

It seems my modem died and I had to have a technican come to the house. Upon confirmation that the modem was shot he told me I had to buy a new one and that I had to purchase one from Cox. Having no other choice in order to use the services I subscribed to I said ok. He also argued with me that I had purchased these in the past from Cox.

I have all of my records from Cox since 2002 and I have never purchase a modem from them. On top of this their fees went up 11.5% this month. Thats $7.50 per month. I doubt very many people are going to get a $7.50 raise in salary.

Cox has lied to me and have over charge for what they provide. PS I have basic cable and internet .

What a poor excuse for a company. I hope they go belly up.

Comments

You could have just asked a friend if they had one they werent using or found one at walmart or somewhere for cheaper than they are offering. Definitely dont rent them, although if it goes bad and is not under warranty youd have to buy another.

We had the SAME EXACT THING happen to us. In two other cities in south orange county, I know of people that had the SAME issue. How did all of our modems go bad at the same time?