2.2
Coverage Area

I took Cox service in 2012 with rental modem. I was been charged 6.99 every month for the same as per plan. In July 2013, I then purchased a modem from third party who was also using cox. I was unable to use that modem on my account as that modem was register to that sellers account. I then had a conference call with Cox (Me, Cox and the seller) who then transferred the ownership of the modem to me by sharing the serial number, MAC, etc and then cox modified the configurations on their side so that i was then able to use the modem. I was enjoying my internet service with no billing issue (as it was my own modem, i was no more charged for rental charges of $6.99 every month). Now, in April 2015, i relocated to Columbus where they do not have their service and hence I had to disconnect service with them. Since then they are now following up with me saying that it is their modem and i have to pay them or return the modem.

1) if it was their modem then why was i not been charged monthly rental for last 2 yrs,since July 2013 ?

2) If the seller cheated on me, then why did they didn't shared / allowed the transfer of modem over the conference call in July 2013?

3) why are they now realizing after 2 yrs that it is their modem, which is totally wrong....

It is clear that they want to harass me and try to get some money from me as I am no more their existing customer.

Friends, they have forwarded this to recovering agent and I really need guidance from you all to come out of it cleanly and also COX should know that this isnt the ethical way of doing business. Please suggest / help .

Product or Service Mentioned: Cox Communications Internet Plan.

I didn't like: Fraudulent billing schemes, Billing, Awful customer service.

Comments

CoxHelp

Hiral9,

It seems unlikely that you're being charged for the modem you purchased from someone else & requested added to your account later. You initially stated, you were renting a modem from us when the account was first opened.

This is most likely the modem we are claiming is Cox property and which needs to be returned. We'd like to look into this for you. Please email our team at Cox.help@cox.com and include your full name, the complete street address where the charges were assessed, your Cox PIN and either a link to your post here or a detailed description.

We look forward to hearing from you and resolving your issues.

Dina B