I got a credit notification that a derogatory account had hit my credit report on 2/20/19. I checked it and it had a $68 collection on there.

I called cox communications the same day and they said that my account had been sent to collections for non payment but I had never received a phone call or letter pertaining to this account. I called back 2/21/19 and talked to a collector named Joseph with ID# 7204094. Joseph stated in the recorded conversation that the collection would be removed from my 3 credit bureaus if I paid the $68.46 with him. He stated that it would be removed in 24 to 48 hours from the credit reports and he also stated that it was a mistake I was not contacted about this debt at all.

It has been 4 days now and the collection is not deleted off of my credit report like Joseph said they would do.

I have a recording of this whole transaction and a receipt that I made payment. I would like Cox Communications to remove this collection from my credit reports like they said they would in the recorded conversation.

Preferred solution: Removal of collection .

Comments