Resolved
1.2
Coverage Area
Style and Design

Update by user Jul 26, 2018

I also posted this issue on their own website and due to the level of incompetence it showed, they reacted much faster than normal. I got a call late in the day but returned it within minutes only to be told that the person who called left work already.

Par for the course when dealing with Cox. I had specified to call in the morning but of course, they don't listen to their customers.

So I waited for the next day and they finally called to do the account transfer. When it came to the cancellation of services - it was even worse than the typical Cox cluster #%*$!

Original review posted by user Jun 26, 2018

My husband originally set up our cable service over 30+ years ago. When we moved our service from our apartment to our home, I took over paying the bill, as he was losing his hearing, I was given the ability to make changes on the acct without him having to get involved.

2 years ago he passed away and I notified cox about his passing and thought everything was handled on the acct to put it in my name. I'd been paying the acct for the last 20 or so years, so I guess I expected better. To my surprise and immense irritation, they did nothing regarding the acct after advising them of his death. Now that I want to get rid of everything except internet, they decided, oh, we need to put some stupid paperwork through which should have been done when I first told them.

I've never been a fan of cox, but this is beyond their normal incompetence. If I had another option for internet that wasn't worst, I'd have cancelled everything.

Their so called customer service routine when wanting to get rid of their services is to irritate, annoy, ask more and more stupid questions to wear you down, to get you off track, to attempt to lure you with more b.s. that lines their pockets and rips off your money.

I was once told by a technician that my internet speed was lower than it was supposed to be and for a little more money, they could get it up too the speed that I was already paying for but not getting. Yeah...I don't think so.

Product or Service Mentioned: Cox Communications Customer Care.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

Comments