1.5

Update by user Dec 29, 2017

Called in and was credited the $50.00 charge and they "couldn't figure out why my bill went up 3 times the normal amount" (as I said I have been a customer for 20+ years) The woman I spoke with thought it had to be a glitch in the metering (ya' think) but she couldn't tell for sure and suggested I call back right away if we receive another warning instead of waiting for our bill and "possibly" they could tell me what caused it. Fine.

Three days from billing cycle ends I get another warning I am at 85% of my usage, I call in the next day since I got this email after 11 pm and this time they thought "someone" had hijacked my WiFi signal, as I live in a gated retirement age community that is HIGHLY unlikely, but whatever, so I jump through all the hoops changing pass codes for everything and router. What I find REALLY hard to believe is they cannot prove to me by SHOWING me where this WiFi signal is being used but they can charge through the nose with not one shred of evidence??? Just opened this months bill and of course since called in right away - I guess I "DIDN'T" go over after all, hmm. If this is going to be a monthly thing with this company, stealing every time you look the other way, I WILL change ISP - they seem to think they are SO important in our lives that we will pay whatever they bill.......WRONG!!

At some point they are just another pain in the rear! Understand also when I say this I am directing EVERYTHING I say towards the Greedy Corporation and NOT the poor customer service people that have to hear people like me vent!!

Original review posted by user Nov 29, 2017

I “used” to have the bundle for cable, internet and an unused phone line through cox - and had been a cox customer for 20+ years. I had issues with my bill continuing to increase every few months - calling them only brought higher bills.

So I took unused phone line and cable off the bill. By the way they told me they didn’t even use that type of modem anymore - it was the same one I was issued 13 years ago! So that brought the price way down and I went to Directv for cable - sorry I didn’t do that sooner. Coming up on 3 years and they have slowly managed to increase my internet up to almost the same as for the bundle price!

They said my wi-fi was over so they tacked on $50.00 to my bill. I AM DONE! This is nothing more than THEFT from cox. Nothing equipment wise has changed in the house that I NEVER went over the allotted wi-fi ever NOW I am supposed to believe I am that far over.

I am going to be contacting the utility commission tomorrow as well as another internet provider, this is how cox treats long term customers.

They are liars and thieves - I am thinking it is time for a class action suit against these scammers! If you want internet, phone or cable don’t trust cox they will screw you over, if not now, they WILL get you sooner or later.

Review about: Cox Communications Bundle.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Comments

Cox is a no good company,did same to me