72 views

I have been with Cox for over 21 years and called to see if I couldl upgrade to their special offer of $144.99 per month and switch to Contour. Big mistake.

After speaking with a very nice woman named Alicia in their Houston Office on February 12 I was told that I could make the changes and would be charged a monthly bill of about $150 with taxes included and this would increase by $20 in February 2019. She also had me add a land line which I did not want but was told this would keep my bill in the range I was looking for. I told her go ahead and make the switch. The Cox technician came out the next day and spent about 15 minutes checking to be sure that I was connected correctly and left.

He did not hook up my land line because I told him I only got that for the pricing break. When I received my bill it was for over $230. I called to ask them to listen to the call with Alicia and honor their promise of $150. After dealing with numerous "Customer Service" people and three different "Supervisors" over a month and a half has passed and they told me that my new bill is going to be $194/month and I am locked in for two years.

I have never been so disappointed with a "SERVICE" provider in my life. If there were some other alternative to Cox in the Phoenix area for cable I would switch in a heartbeat. Their customer service sucks and their pricing is not at all customer friendly. Their prices are astronomical and the "I'm so sorry" attitude are just words.

And don't even try to speak with someone who can actually help you in a timely manner. It took from February 12 to April 3 to tell me that my bill had increased over $40 from the original quote.

Product or Service Mentioned: Cox Communications Contour Tv Package.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

Cox Communications Cons: To have pricing promises made but not honored.

Comments