706 Valle Verde Ct, Henderson, NV 89014
2.3

I made arrangementes to pay my past due balance on Novmber 1, 2019. On Saturday evening, October 26, 2019, My cable, internet and phonee weee shut off.

I worrk from home. To say I panicked was an understatement. I called customer servce, however, it was passed 9 p.m. and therefore, the business office was closed and it was Saturday.

The representatve stated that he was unabled to access the account and rectify the shutoff order. The only way to turn service back on was to pay the past due amount. I had no other choice and I had to make a payment out f my checking account knowing the money that was in there was intended for rent. Needless to say, the check for the cable bounced and the bounced check fee caused a problem wth the rent check.

I called to complain on October 28, 2019. It took about 3 hours to straighten everything else out. In the meantime, the previous month's bill hit and then the new months bill came in. When I checked my account online, my bill had gone from $177 to $646!!

My roommate and I are on disability and work part-time from home to supplement our finances and pay our bills. It is essential that we have the services Cox provides in order to do our jobs. Yes, we were a liittle behind in payments, but this calamity has really put us into a tail spin. The representatives we have spoken to have been very nice and apologetic for what happened.

They can only work within the parameters that exist within the company. I understand this. However, whatever caused this to happen, i.e. the shut off, needs to be addressed.

Whether it was human error or a glitch in the system, it needs t be fixed. We were finally digging ourselves out after I was unable to work as many hours the past couple of months after I had surgery. Unfortately, Cox is basically the only game in town as far as cable, internet and phone.

We are on the wrong side of the apartment buildng to get a dish. The fact that we have to pay a little over $200 a month for the servces seems outrageous but,sadly, there is not much of a choice,

Product or Service Mentioned: Cox Communications Bundle.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

Cox Communications Pros: Past performance.

• expensive
  • ineffective payment process
  • Horrible Cox

Comments

Tracy R

In addition, Cox put the original payment though two more times causing additional charges of $70! Cox denies this occured, however, the bank disagrees.

Cox Communications Reviews