If you can spend the money to break down the other services, you can break down costs on CABLE.When I called I was told it was to save money.

That sounds like BS to me. I think we deserve to know what we are paying for here as well as the other services. Not just one item, every thing. I've stuck with you all these years, are you really going to *** us off over this?

I'm sure I'm not the only one complaining. I have lost trust in you as a company, when you hide things, it generally because you don't want people to know what you are doing.

I've called before about something charged that I didn't understand, seems it should not have been on there to start with.Get my point now!!!

Had an Experience with Cox Communications?

Comments

San Diego, California, United States #655552

The largest component to the cost of television service is the cost per channel. Because each service provider (Cox, DirecTV, etc) negotiates rates directly with the respective channels, or channel group, no provider makes public the cost they pay on a per channel basis, because their competition would use that info to negotiate as good or better rates for themselves. So no breakdown is available either as a per channel cost or as a package group of channels since it's possible to reverse engineer their costs to approx cost per channel. Likewise, the channel owners want these negotiated costs kept secret so that competing channels do not benefit from knowing the rates they are negotiating

Regulatory rates are broken out. These are the taxes & fees that the FCC & state regulators impose on the provider. These rates are also posted at the FCC's website & each state's regulator website as well. How extensive cable TV services are regulated related to their infrastructure I do not recall. Electricity & natural gas utilities are extensively regulated as to what they charge rate payers for infrastructure

Cheers !

CoxHelp

Billing definitely shouldn't be so confusing. Maybe there's something I can do to help. Feel free to email me at coxhelp@cox.com and I'll do what I can to assist.

-Chris