I have had Cox for almost 4 years now. (cable, internet and phone).

I use this company because I have no other choice in my area. They know this and I believe they use this to their advantage. I am overcharged, billed for equiment and services that I don't have or use. I have gotten into arguments with them several times, but their attitude is "You owe us and if you don't like it, then cancel".

Hello? I would have cancelled 3 1/2 years ago if there was another option.

PLEASE READ YOUR BILL EVERY MONTH VERY CAREFULLY!!

Comments

Cox cable has to be the worst out there, I have cable, internet, and phone. 2 of the services work well, but the internet is constantly going down.

When i call them about this they say that they need to send a tech out, two of the times they came out no charge, but the problem still was not fixed, the third time they charged me $30, and still the problem wasn't solved. When i called them about this they said this was a standard fee, and i had to pay it. After a very long and drawn out call speaking to about 5 people i finally got the charge reversed.

I have told them i want to get out of my contract because of this and they just say you have service, but just a little inconveinced.On top of this the company violated their end of the contract by raising my rate by $10.00.So on top of having very bad product, and customer service, i have to pay $10 more for it. :eek
Tangent, Oregon, United States #7966

check my cable bill

I have just gotten off the phone with Direct TV and have gone round and round about moving. I moved 6 months ago.

Called them and changed bill, but they did not change the address like they were supposed to, therefore the address was the old one. I moved from one apartment to the other one. The first guy said I would be charged a $99.00 + $19.00 for my move now because it had not been 6 months. I told him it had been 6 months.

Then he said he could give me a $50.00 voucher. I told him no. Then I told him I wanted to talk to the supervisor. She got on the phone and said it would be only 1 move per year and the charges would be added.

I asked her where this information was. She said on their website, yet I never found it and she never did either (dah). I told her that I wanted to talk to her supervisor. I was put on hold and told she didn't know how long it would be.

She came back on the line. She said she would try to overide the computer and see if she could get these charges out. Also, I would have to extend the contract. I told her this must be another way that they got over on people.

I asked how much would it be to get out of the contract and she said $225.00. Then she came back and told me it would be 24 to 48 hours before someone would be able to call me back (her supervisor). This is such a rip off. My mom has Dish and never has a problem.

DO NOT GO WITH DIRECT. THEY ARE A RIP OFF!!!!!