Tom P Djb

If I could figure out how to make a lower rating I would!

Original review Apr 18, 2024
They said they were going to install optic fiber cable.. came out and disconnected the WiFi I had and then told me theres a problem with the optic fiber cable.. that was ten days ago and cant give me a date when it will be fixed. I have college kids that need internet.. plus we have no tv, so maddening!
Loss:
Cons:
  • Service sucks

Preferred solution: Just want to have service again.

User's recommendation: Find another company

Resolved
Dave W Ogq

Verified Buyer

| map-marker Las Vegas, Nevada

Resolved: Agreement that is not an agreement

Cox Communications - Agreement that is not an agreement
Cox Communications - Agreement that is not an agreement - Image 2
Updated by user Jan 07, 2024

Company fixed the issue and I have been provided with apology. They responded to my FTC complaint and we agreed on a very satisfactory solution.

Updated by user Dec 31, 2023

I forg to mention that I was chatting with customer service in India for over 3 hours (5 different people) before they cut me off when I said that I was going to contact the President of the company to see if he agreed that there was no "agreement".

Original review Dec 31, 2023
I re-subscribed for a 2-year discount, which is an agreement between me and the company. It has penalties associated with it if I leave early. So now they have raised the price of the TV (of course citing increased costs). And now the customer service in India said that this is "not an agreement" because there was no "electronic signature" to it. Give me a break. It was an agreement. They just say that so they can raise prices whenever they want to.

User's recommendation: Make sure that you sign electronically for anything from the company, becasue they will not honor anything else.

Would Give Zero Stars If I Could To Cox

What an absolutely horrible company! I totally dumped them when they tried to cheat me, and highly recommend everybody not buy anything from Cox.

Look at all the terrible reviews for this company. I spoke to the corporate office, and the lady I spoke to was so soul-less corporate robot I then realized that Cox is clueless and only interested in money, not people. Many legal battles - check this out online. Sued and lost, including a $1 Billion (with a B) judgment against it recently.

Read the details for yourself and decide. I have BANNED Cox and its ads which are immediately also banished in my household, immediately ridiculed and then turned off. The company thinks it is "powerful" but Cox is weak and stupid, immoral, unethical and illegal at times.

Avoid Cox at all costs and never believe anything the company tells you. They are simply losers and should not be in business whatsoever.

Pros:
  • Some good frontline people who sadly work for a bad company
Cons:
  • Cheats customers
  • Corporate office is a total joke
  • Misrepresents products

User's recommendation: Never Buy Anything From Cox or Believe Anything They Say

Darryl W Snd

| map-marker Virginia Beach, Virginia

Worst company ever!

ACP cox will not transfer service I have called for four weeks for one thing to be done. Now I have no service and a bill.. please do not use this company cox its a scam. I started recording them and every person said something different.
Loss:
Cons:
  • Run around

Preferred solution: Price reduction

User's recommendation: Don’t be a victim

Ann S Omd

Trying to lower my bill

Updated by user Feb 14, 2024

I absolutely hate it and I have to go through this every single year. Plus, there is no place or person to contact in writing.

They quote prices and when those prices don’t happen there appears to be no recourse. And, it evidently is a huge no-no to try to delete an...

Original review Feb 10, 2024
I am 84, a 25+ year COX customer, with heart, lung, and kidney issues and every year you come close to being the death of me. I need to lower my COX bill.

I don't need the land line phone, I don't need the internet speed I have; 100 mbps would be sufficient. I don't need premium TV channels; I just need local plus MSNBC, plus sports packs that allow me to see NBA basketball, MLB baseball, and the NCAA March madness basketball games. I do need to have DVR which can record at least 2 stations simultaneously. I own my own modem but need to rent an extra contour box for the TV in the bedroom.

I'm NOT interested in any discounts that expire earlier than one year. I thought I'd found a choice that cut $145.00 off my current bill but I couldn't find anywhere to ascertain exactly what channels are included with the TV starter 75+ channels choice and saw that it expires in just one month anyway. PLEASE help an old lady figure this out. I feel as though you're playing a shell game with me.

I'm considering throwing up my arms and going to either the Corporation Commission or to 5 on our Side to see if they can get me the answers I need.

I'm trying one more time. Given the above, what is the best price you can give me and EXACTLY what is included?

Preferred solution: Price reduction

User's recommendation: I live in Fountain Hills and Cox pretty much has a monopoly out here. Be aware that prices change frequently.

Kirill G

| map-marker San Juan Capistrano, California

Tired of slow speeds, unreliable service and false advertising

There are very few services that can be worse than Cox, one has to try hard to find them. Slow, inconsistent speeds, mostly at 25% or below the promised ones, old cable network inadequate for the bandwidth, dropped calls and connections, pages load slowly.

Expensive for the terrible quality it gives out. For example, I currently pay for 500 mb/sec. I checked my speed - it was 43. After the full reset of modem and router, which took several minutes, it went to 112 - I am next to the router, too.

less than 25% after reset!

Constant need to reset the modem and router. When I used to have their phone service (not anymore), it was bad, too, people could not hear me well, or connection was iffy. Their technicians usually can't help, either.

If you have a choice, don't sign up for Cox. They are monopoly however in many areas - antitrust folks need to look at this.

Pros:
  • Polite customer service
Cons:
  • False advertising of speeds and services

User's recommendation: Avoid

Annette H Ena
map-marker Tucson, Arizona

Worse company I have ever dealt with

I really wish that I could leave a zero. Cox communication is the worst company I have ever dealt with, and the only reason I am still went them is that is who my property manager from where I stay is contracted with.

I have been without phone, internet and cable services for four days. I was told numerous times and had confirmation guaranteed me that they was coming to my home on the next day. I waited and waited no cox technicia. I call the number and they had changed my work order.

They all lie and they all give you different informaction. To this day I am still without services and they say they will be to my home now in two days, and I have been having this same problem since Monday and they give me a service call all the way to Friday.

If I had my way I would have been left cox but due to the fact that where I stay only contract with cox I have to put up with their *** To anybody thinking about going to cox if you have other providers that you can use other than cox I highly recommend you to. I wish I had other options, but sadly I dont

User's recommendation: Run to another provider worse company to deal with

Guest

Great review! Cox also is an NFL wannabe but is on the outside looking as usual because Verizon dominates the ads there.

I had Cox and kicked them out, banning them forever. Worst company I ever had the displeasure of knowing. Never use Cox for anything, and that goes for business partners as well. Cox is a sick company that thinks so highly of itself and yet has "NFL-envy".

Cox should be banned by the NFL if not already (you don't see their ads on during the game, and who cares that they provide cables inside the stadium, lol, means nothing and don't buy their nonsense). Cox is ridiculous, avoid at all costs.

The only NFL that Cox is affiliated with is they should be Not For Long in business because they are just awful and full of themselves. Cox - Ick, ugh and puke!

Lavera Ppv

| map-marker Dallas, Texas

My service is not working

My service was interrupted and they helped me and I will consider them to anyone because they are very helpful like I really appreciate it
Jessica V Lkw

Verified Reviewer

Will not cancel my service or remove bill

Original review Jan 01, 2024

I'm reporting Cox to the Better Business Bureau. Six times now I tried to cancel my account when I moved in November because of all the screwups and over charging!

Two of the agents also blatantly lied to me to get me off the phone. They just moved my service address on the account only. I definitely don't have a working jack either!! So how can I be charged???

I need this bill for $51.32 removed immediately so it doesn't go to my credit. My billing cycle is getting ready to come up so its going to double in at the end of January!! I've happily been with Kwikcom since November, no foreigners handling calls, only agents that live in my town and the franchise owner is amazing and helpful.

I'll never look back at Cox once I get done with this BS. All of my friends are switching now and I'm spamming social media about how scammy this company is.

Loss:
Cons:
  • Agents will just repeat what you say and never fix anything
  • Offshore customer agents do not understand english well
  • Shut down for updates every other night all night

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Absolutely DO NOT use Cox!!! You might be stuck with it for life!!!

My WhatsApp number is ***

Scott M Ujt

Can’t get someone on the phone

I refuse to pay any fee to talk to anyone and if this is how you treat your customers when they call to report a line down crossing the road
Darryl W Snd

| map-marker Virginia Beach, Virginia

Cox cable

Cox solved my problem quickly at the corporate office! thank you for your website. My service is back on and I also got a credit on my acct.

User's recommendation: call head office

Verified Reviewer

How Do I Block Cox Communications Ads?

I banned Cox from my household or ever talking to anyone there. I am getting online ads from this despicable company. How can I block Cox forever? I would never deal with this disreputable company again. Just look at all the complaints and lawsuits against Cox! How is Cox still in business??? This is a weak company that will try to cheat you if it can in my opinion. They sold me defective merchandise, I caught them, reported them, and BANNED COX from ever contacting me again.

User's recommendation: Never Ever Use Cox Communications

Juli Z Mgf

| map-marker Los Angeles, California

If I could give them negative stars, I would!

Extremely overpriced, unreliable, and slow. I was told I was getting gigabit internet. In reality, were lucky to get 50mbps. Cost ended up being about $200/mo. For unlimited, slow service. Just terrible. But, we live kind of out of the way, so it was this or nothing. Fortunately, T-Mobile now offers internet for $35/mo. So, bye bye Cox, and good riddance. Stay away if you can! Good luck cancelling. Im still on a chat trying to get it done. Want to talk to someone? Good luck with that. No phone number for customer service. Just AWFUL!

User's recommendation: Just don’t. Stay away!

Guest

Do yourself and the rest of the customers a favor: report Cox to your state's regulators that oversee the industry and your state's attorney general. Cox will be forced to reply, and they often give ridiculous answers that show their arrogance and stupidity.

Dumb company. Who would even want to work there?

Looks terrible on a resume. I would not hire anyone who worked there unless they quit.

Gordan Oza

Cable not working

0,not to use Cox for any service. Customer service does not answer do not use this company for service
Diania Nky

Cox has an 87% negative rating on Pissed Consumer, only 4% positive. Cox sux, plain and simple.

Latest ad campaign talks about how they "power" selected venues. Who cares? ANY company in their industry can do that. I don't see the sesame seed manufacturers stating that they "power" fast food hamburger buns.

Nor would they because that's so ridiculous. But that's what Cox is doing. Customers are way smarter than that. Cox is doing that because they have nothing better to say about themselves.

Go online and look at all the complaints and lawsuits against them!

That will tell you all you need to know from objective sources. The lawsuits against Cox were "powered" by the legal profession, lol.

Gal Gvc
map-marker Phoenix, Arizona

Outages

For a week now spotty internet and the today internet goes down, and I am told possible another 4 hrs. Before it will be up. No credit for the week's worth of interrupted internet, then I ask about the bill and am told that's the best price, I have checked and can get reliable service for cheaper and that's where I will go

User's recommendation: find another service you will be happier without cox

Rose C Fpp

Bad service

Updated by user Jan 17, 2024

They were very prompt to call and apologize over billing problem;(they want to get paid). They have tried to call once( yesterday) about my missing free HBO , I unfortunately missed the only call.

Original review Jan 07, 2024
My daughters cell phone is getting texts saying my bill is due in 2 days, i need a paper bill sent. I chatted for 20 mins with oliver and still cant get a paper bill before i hung up. When i signed up for your service i was to get dvr and one movie channel free for 2 years, i picked HBO, never got it , customer service says its not in my package. All this the first month makes me want to run back to direct tv.
Pros:
  • Reliable
Cons:
  • Customer service and billing

Preferred solution: Paper bill, my HBO as promised and a apology,

Brands Related to Cox Communications

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article