filters
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Pissed Consumer Interviews ?

Let me start by stating this is not a pleasant review. I initially inquired about Cox in January of 2017, due to an upcoming move. I had Verizon as my cable provider, and they did not service the area I was moving to. I did my due diligence and researched prices for companies that serviced the area, and Cox came in at the lowest prices ($160 after taxes for the 3 bundle all channels). I should have known something was up when I had called back to go forward with signing up, when the price had increased to $190, the dropped to $180 after the agent told me there was another “discount” he could add. I requested a supervisor, who finally came to the conclusion that the 1st agent was right and that there was a promotion for those in my service area of $160/mo. Trusting a supervisor I let them run my credit and scheduled the date of service. The highlight of Cox customer service was the installation guy, who was full of tips on how to use the devices and was a pleasure to speak with. Not even a week, later I noticed my bill was incorrect showing I owed over $400. It took several calls and agents to tell me it was a system error and would be corrected. A week after that it was “corrected” to $246 dollars for 2 weeks of service! As you can tell, it’s takes a lot of phone calls and cold transfers to get an ounce of information from these people. Still, under a month of service I called again, as my normal bill should be max $170 and I moved in during the middle of the month of February, so my bill should be prorated. It took calling in, until the second week of March, to get somewhere! I spoke to a agent named Jason in the Customer Advocate department, who told me there was system issue with the discount code for my service area and it’s not calculating properly. He explained my first bill should be $70, and the second month $167. As those number sounded right to me, I paid both bill as they became due. Now it’s April and I thought everything was fine, until I get an email from Cox stating my bill is $213. I think oh boy, not this again, so I call in for the normal cold transfers to unknown departments; after 30 mins on the phone and speaking to 7 people, I got transferred to a Leroy who said he was in the Customer Advocate department like, Jason was. I cut to the chase and state that my bill is incorrect, it seems it needs a manual adjustment again, he tells me he’s unable to and that my bill is correct. Leroy goes on to say that, he doesn’t know why Jason was adjusting the bill, even though he’s able to read the notes. I’m waiting for a call from a supervisor as this company has been nothing, but a headache. This has gotten to the point of FRAUD, how can they sign someone up for a price of $170 a month than back pedal to $213. I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS COMPANY TO ANYONE!!!! STAY AWAY!! I’ve only had service for 2 months and they have done nothing but make me regret it.
Most Helpful
When you decide to cancel Cox, please read the following carefully to avoid being charged for things you shouldn't be charged for. 1) Prior to cancelling, log on to your Cox account. Download and save EVERY BILL YOU HAVE ACCESS TO. EVERY ONE. It's typically 12-13...
Antoine brown

470

Glenn Smith

Cox has been the worst service I have ever had the misfortune of using. I will not be working with Cox ever again. They are the worst company I have ever delt with. Their serv...

Cox Communications - Recent quality issues

In the lat week my cable box has inadvertently rebooted itself in the middle of my program. Cox, pay attention! When this happens I question how much worse will this get? Is this temporary or is this systemic? Do you care and what are you doing about this? Wake up cox! The end is near!

Cox Communications - Shut my internet down for 20.83

I renegotiated my service and the sales person said my new bill would be 80.25 per month. Understand, this in only for internet. Days later, they started calling me insisting I owed them 23 dollars. Long story short, even though I called them, telling them I would pay this twenty plus dollars at the first of the month, they still shut down my service on the second of the month, insisting I owed them. One hour later, talking with multiple people, they made me pay the twenty plus just to turn back not the service. Even though I had never made a late payment, ever... they would not budge. I hate COX. I WILL NEVER EVER EVER DO BUSINESS WITH THEM AGAIN. THEY ARE SIMILAR TO ATT. DO NOT GO WITH COX

Cox Communications - Dreadful service

in early jan and now again in may the programs i have recorded freeze then go to black screen. ALL my recordings did that last night. i could not watch any recorded programs. several error messages came on repeatedly stating "sorry there was a problem with playback of this DVR recording" and "sorry we ran into a problem. " their new? cox communications contour/panoramic router/modem is a piece of junk. i have trouble with all 3 of my services. i am thoroughly disgusted. the in house reps that came out both said that is is a software problem and there is nothing i / they can do. how can cox get away with this? are there any solutions?
  • Very unsatisfied

Cox Communications - Billing increase

Just received a monthly statement with an increase of 68% over last month. The contact number 877 320 1485 was called. First young woman speaking fast verified me, took some information and transferred me to another young women speaking even faster. She seemed to try to help and search for current promotions to help with our bill but after some minutes of searching Nicole disconnected and failed to call back. Please do what I am now doing by filing complaints with the FCC, FTC, consumer advocates, state and federal agencies and others. The Cox headquarters in Atlanta does not seem to allow feedback directly.
I liked
  • Former service
  • Present service

Cox Communications - Bogas promotion

Cox ran a promotion that if you signed up through the internet that you would receive a $200 gift card, however their system kicked out the order (after it was placed) and required me to call in. Then when I called in they said that the promotion would only be $100 when I explained to them that its not my fault that their system didn't have my address they then said that all I would have to do is call in and it would be corrected.....LOL 6 months later and still not even the $100 card......
#1520438

Cox Communications - Cox adoption ad

I liked the ad for a few weeks as I have a neighbor who adopted twice, BUT, how many times are you going to bombard us with? When does this campaign expire?
4.4
Style and Design

Cox Communications - $200 Prepaid Visa SCAM

As I was ordering service at our new home in November 2018, the Destin , FL in-store Cox rep advised that if I selected a 3 way package (TV, Internet & Phone), I would receive a 2-yr price guaranty AND A $200 Prepaid VISA card. Now, after jumping through hoops and complying with every COX requested step, I have received a note saying "Our records indicate that this account was not originally invited to participate in the Offer". First, I didn't ask....they offered. Second, in the past 4 months, I have spoken to several COX reps and NONE indicated that I was not invited or included in this promotion. Third, This is either very poorly administered or a SCAM. Offer # 96689 Tracking # 872793271 Come On COX.... Contact Me Warren Tesch 103 Antilles Cove Miramar Beach, FL 32550

Cox Communications - Cox adoption ad

I like the the first 100 times I saw it but now it is over used. I have neighbors who adopted two young Chinese children, a year or so apart. Both children had cleft palates and were treated in US and are great children.

Cox Communications in Chesapeake, Virginia - Liars

The WORST provider of Internet I've ever experienced. Don't buy into the "Panoramic" mumbo-jumbo. It's a lie. Service is slow even when connected to a wire. WiFi drops anywhere in the house at random times, only way to get it back is to completely reset the modem. I had an issue where internet service stopped. I contacted Cox (on a Friday) was told they were going to send me a modem and was guaranteed to receive it by Tuesday (3 days with no service) It's now Thursday and still no modem. I contacted customer service AGAIN and a modem was not even shipped. And was insulted with a $25 credit on my account. If you have Verizon FiOS in your area, go that route. STAY FAR AWAY FROM COX!!! THEY ARE LYING CROOKS.
1.6

(877) 404-2568
All Cox Communications Contacts

Cox Communications Products and Services Reviews

Cox Communications - Overpriced and rude employees

Every year they keep jacking up their prices . I think paying almost $200 for watching tv is ridicules. They will not negotiate prices with you like it is some kind of privilige to give them your hard earned money. I am tired of paying the high bills and will be looking around for other options. Their customer service department lacks customer service skills. They are very rude.
Style and Design
  • Unhelpfulness
  • Lack of consistency amongst employees and departments
  • Wasting my time