Verified Reviewer

I have been a customer of Cox Cable for almost 20 years and cannot believe their treatment of loyal customers (who are constantly paying their ridiculous fees although your rates are supposed to remain the same according to contracts you take out on consumers without their knowing it). I moved last year about 15 miles away from where I was living.

I called Cox to make the move and thought all would be well. When the techs showed up at my new apartment, they brought equipment I did not need, did not hook up the internet or phone or test the phone. My phone number was changed by Cox, unbeknownst to me, and also wasn't working the first few days, another thing I was unaware of. The techs would not take the unneeded equipment with them and left in a hurry.

I am still trying to sort out the bill that came from that move and am convinced I have been way overcharged. But here is the worst...I have been paying Cox about $200 EVERY TWO WEEKS to try to get caught up. They say I have a balance of $66. I thought, well, I just gave them $200, surely they can wait for the $66.

BUT NO! THEY SHUT OFF MY INTERNET AND TV AND THE ONLY PHONE NUMBER I COULD CALL FROM MY HOME PHONE WAS COX TO MAKE A PAYMENT! SHAME ON YOU! Now, when communication is key with the virus and all the other things happening right now and YOU DO THAT?

FRANKLY, I DON'T THINK I HAVE $66 DOLLARS IN MY ACCOUNT, NOT SURE IF THE BANKS WILL BE OPEN ON MONDAY FOR ME TO HONOR THAT PROMISE TO PAY YOU MADE ME MAKE BECAUSE I AM IN FEAR FOR MY AND MY FAMILY'S LIFE. I HAVE A 5 YEAR OLD LIVING WITH ME. I HOPE YOU'RE HAPPY AND MAKE GOOD USE OF THAT $66!

REST ASSURED, YOU ARE HISTORY FOR ME. I WILL FIND A PROVIDER THAT WILL RESPONSIBLY REPRESENT ME AND MY FAMILY'S NEEDS.

User's recommendation: DON'T USE COX!

Product or Service Mentioned: Cox Communications Internet Service.

Preferred solution: Apology.

Cox Communications Pros: Locality.

Cox Communications Cons: Rates and rate hikes.

Location: 460 N Stephanie St, Henderson, NV 89014