1.3
Coverage Area
Style and Design

Chrislxr

Today at 20:20

Currently the internet charges for my account total at $109.98 per month. 100mb download speed, modem rental and unlimited data. The EXACT same service from Spectrum ( a few miles from my service address) the EXACT same services cost a total of $44.99. Next year when my introductory rate increases to the standard rates my charges will go up to $144.98 per month. A difference of $99.99 and TRIPLE the cost of the nearest competitor. Additionally, Cox requires a 2 year contract in order to receive the discount. Spectrum requires no contract, has no additional charges for modem rental and no additional charges for data caps. That is in no way providing service comparable to that provided by competitors. Data caps have been imposed merely as a means of increasing profit margins in an industry that currently exceeds even the most greedy of corporate excesses. I am requesting that I be provided with the contact information for the franchise authority in my area.

I intend to contact my senators and representatives in both federal and state governments and urge that cable and internet providers be regulated as public utilities. I intend to state my case to the franchise authority and request that the Cox franchise be revoked in favor of another provider. I am considering a lawsuit for price gouging. I have contacted Cox directly, and the response was "this is what you signed up for." You have finally acquired the enmity of an educated consumer. Fix it or face it. Your decision.

Product or Service Mentioned: Cox Communications Account.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Monetary Loss: $1980.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Unhappy.