Verified Reviewer

1.2

I started out with the low income internet, as I was a student and single mother working only as a federal work study! Christmas was coming around and I wanted to cut some bills.

The internet was one of the bills I had chosen to cut off.

I called Cox and explained to them that I wanted to cut the service JUST FOR THE CHRISTMAS SEASON and put it back on around February/March, once I had gotten my taxes done! The representative said that shouldn't be a problem and helped me turn off the service! March rolls around, I call to restart service again, only to be told "oh I'm sorry; but, you are no longer eligible for that service." I'm thinking he's going to tell me that I still owe some money from the last time and I start telling him that I had paid the bill, IN FULL!

He says "well, part of the agreement you made when you signed up for the service was that you had to KEEP it on INDEFINITELY!" ShockedShockedWHAT??!! I never agreed to any such thing!!

Why wouldn't the representative tell me this before helping me turn off the service??! I'll tell you why!

Because they knew that they were the ONLY provider in my area and that I would DEFINITELY HAVE to return to them at a HIGHER RATE! If that isn't bad enough, they're CONTINUOUSLY raising the rates while slowing down my service every six months or so, trying to push the "bundle deals" on me - THIEVES!!!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Cox Communications Internet Service.

Reason of review: I feel like I was swindled and am having a hard time keeping up with payments!.

Preferred solution: Low income internet restored!!! .

Cox Communications Pros: Easy online payments.

Cox Communications Cons: Not honest, Price gouging, Does not care about consumers, Horrible download rates.

Comments