So I am paying over $200.00 Per month for services.
CABLE: I constantly have box resets. I'm told every month it is that I have an older box. Finally after the first few months I went ahead and got the DVR but guess what. It's still having issues. After six months I go in and drop it off and am "SUCKERED" into getting the new "six-recording" DVR that works miracles and makes everything work properly. WRONG! Still cuts off, Recorded shows are like watching jigsaw puzzles, etc. Call in and am told I have to pay to have someone come out. Who cares I don't have time to wait for someone so let's move to the next best area:
INTERNET: Paying $66.00 per month for the "Premier Internet Service" which is supposed to include:
50 Mbps download speeds
10 Mbps upload speeds
Look at the below speed test results and tell me if they look close to what is advertised? I've called in numerous times and here is how it goes:
First Call: "Oh! We don't use that speed test site, use this one and call us back with the results."
Second Call: I call back in with the results from the site that was suggested. "Oh! We don't use speed test sites due to they are wrong. You see we only guarantee the speeds from the demarcation point, at your house, to the Node"
I then ask: Ok! What is a demarcation point and what is a node? "Well the demarcation point is where the cable enters your house and the node is probably close by your home on a telephone line."
Getting Upset, I Ask: So your telling me the speed I am paying for is only guaranteed from outside my house to some telephone pole close to my house? "Yes that is correct. You need to learn to read the terms of service." Call disconnects.
Granted I may not get near the speeds that I'm paying for but with service like this it is DEFINITELY time to start looking at Dish, UVerse, etc. This is after being a Cox Customer for fourteen years.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Internet Cable Tv
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "Received regular postal mail today, 08/14/2013. Letter dated: August 10, 2013. Return address for this mailing: AT&T Autopay Program ..."
- "Stephen Franklin Hess aka Steve. He preys on women under age from 15 years old above. I saw his profile online very attractive man but when i meet him..."
- "hey everybody i am knew, we need to sue comcast am a member of the s.c.l.u. southern christian leadership conference , and i trying to get a class action suit..."
- "I made a reservation through a trust account, securing a room for approximately 14 days. I left after 3 days with a headache and upset stomach, possibly caused by a..."
- "Well i am so disappointed with "PROGRESSIVE" Car insurance since they are bad taking care of my car accident, i was with then for more then 3 years always paying..."
- "These people are total *** bag losers! DO NOT BUY A CAR HERE! I am looking for anyone else that has had their contract changed or were tricked into thinking..."
- "Thought I'd try your Publix Supreme Self Rising Crust Pizza. The picture on the box really looked good. Too bad the pizza INSIDE the box didn't look like that...."
- "We got the buy two Samsung phones, get a free 50" smart TV. We got the free TV within the 6-8 weeks, but when we got it, we pulled..."
- "why is it that when i upgrade defences a few days later i have to upgrade again on same defence once i have maxed it for its town hall level..."