Cox Communications - Terrible Service and Terrible Speeds = Lost Customer
So I am paying over $200.00 Per month for services.
CABLE: I constantly have box resets. I'm told every month it is that I have an older box. Finally after the first few months I went ahead and got the DVR but guess what. It's still having issues. After six months I go in and drop it off and am "SUCKERED" into getting the new "six-recording" DVR that works miracles and makes everything work properly. WRONG! Still cuts off, Recorded shows are like watching jigsaw puzzles, etc. Call in and am told I have to pay to have someone come out. Who cares I don't have time to wait for someone so let's move to the next best area:
INTERNET: Paying $66.00 per month for the "Premier Internet Service" which is supposed to include:
50 Mbps download speeds
10 Mbps upload speeds
Look at the below speed test results and tell me if they look close to what is advertised? I've called in numerous times and here is how it goes:
First Call: "Oh! We don't use that speed test site, use this one and call us back with the results."
Second Call: I call back in with the results from the site that was suggested. "Oh! We don't use speed test sites due to they are wrong. You see we only guarantee the speeds from the demarcation point, at your house, to the Node"
I then ask: Ok! What is a demarcation point and what is a node? "Well the demarcation point is where the cable enters your house and the node is probably close by your home on a telephone line."
Getting Upset, I Ask: So your telling me the speed I am paying for is only guaranteed from outside my house to some telephone pole close to my house? "Yes that is correct. You need to learn to read the terms of service." Call disconnects.
Granted I may not get near the speeds that I'm paying for but with service like this it is DEFINITELY time to start looking at Dish, UVerse, etc. This is after being a Cox Customer for fourteen years.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Internet Cable Tv
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "We have a minimum internet only package... in noticing speed issues with viewing streamed communications, we talked to them and they sold us upgrade package that we've been using but..."
- " Would not recommend. Sets you for an auto-renewal which I didn't know and caused my bank to overdraft. (Of course, no refund permitted) It can also get creepy. I'm..."
- "Probably the worst consumer experience I have ever encountered! The owner of Phamegram was extremely rude, accusing me of things such as "broke" and a "cheapstake" and making impudent comments..."
- "Copy of E-mail I sent GE:I spent thousands of $$$ on putting all monogram appliances into my re-modeled home, purchased from Spencerâ€™s in Phoenix AZ.The Refrigerator (ZISS480DRISS) brokeâ€¦of course following..."
- "I have resorted to online complaints because Amazon refused to post my warning to customers. Amazon's Miss Beauty storefront is selling a counterfeit of the US Patented Fullips product..."
- "Wow! I wish I read this before wishing for an LV bag. My husband surprised me with this bag for christmas. I used it for less than hour but decided..."
- "Beware! I would not recommend Gateway Select Properties to anyone! The 'owner' Katherine Work is really a piece of Work! Do NOT, i repeat, DO NOT sign their faulty lease..."
- "Tried to order a watch online from replicahaus.ca for my daughter for Christmas. They sent the wrong watch and tried to tell me I was the one who screwed up..."
- "I ordered something on ali express and made payment through my debit card. Amount got debited from my account. but i cancelled order before verification. although payment has been made..."