2.9
Coverage Area
Style and Design

Update by user Jan 05

The requested billing adjustment was made to my acct.

Original review posted by user Jan 05

I had a terrible experience today trying to downgrade my service with Cox Communications in Chesapeake, Virginia. The representative was rude, sarcastic and demeaning.

She advised me that people who have purchased the Amazon firestick and want to get rid of their TV service and only keep the internet will be paying the same amount, and that everyone thinks they are saving the world by cutting the cable TV cord. I was absolutely horrified. Her name was Ahnna. At least this is what she told me on the phone.

She went further to say, I would not receive any discount even though I was cancelling my $115 a month TV service, since I don't really watch TV anymore except for movies, and they were not providing movies I wanted to watch. This is why I purchased the Amazon firestick and bought a Netflix subscription for less than $15 a month. This meets my needs along with my internet service. I felt bullied about my own money with this company.

I have been with them for 1 year and never been late or missed a payment. I will be getting a new provider next month.

They can enjoy the last payment they will ever receive from me. Goodbye Cox!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Cox Communications Customer Care.

Reason of review: Would not downgrade my service , lied about me not saving money by downgrading service.

Preferred solution: I want a price reduction of my service, I only want to pay for the internet period!.

I liked: Internet speed, Provision of service without downtime, Being a customer for years until billing makes a mistake.

I didn't like: Billing practices, Incompetent e-care specialists or liars.

• Cox Phone
  • Cox Billing
Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Jan 05.

Comments

The Cox system is set up to frustrate and overcharge, which means no matter how friendly or capable the customer service people, they can only end up costing you more money for less service. What you get is the runaround, and abject apologies, and no refunds.