Let me tell you a story about a Cox service visit at my home this week... We have been experiencing intermittent internet issues at my home since late last week. I called on Sunday, and Cox sent a service tech on Tuesday. The tech's "supervisor" also showed up for this call. After replacing my modem, and working on our node, service had improved. However, this did not prevent the outage for our entire neighborhood the following day, nor has it prevented our service from continuing to have these issues.

This is only part - a minor part - of my concern. See, after Cox left on Tuesday, we noticed our Directv wasn't working. I spent hours trying to fix it as I have been able to in the past, but this time they had to send a service tech also. The Directv tech shows up and immediately finds the problem - ALL THE CABLING FROM THEIR DISH HAD BEEN CUT! Four hours later, my house had been rewired for satellite TV. This was an immense inconvenience to me and my family, and was (I believe) DELIBERATELY CAUSED by Cox.

I called Cox yesterday to report this issue, and they said I would be hearing from someone.

I am still waiting, Cox. And I am prepping my letters to the Arizona AG office, the BBB, and the FCC.

Reason of review: Interruption of other services due to activity of service tech.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments