I've had Contour for almost two years. I had some slight problems with it not playing a recorded show, but after calling Cox, they would reset the boxes remotely and everything would work....until the next time.

But in November 2014, something changed and I have had nothing but problems.

I have had so many Cox technicians in my home and each one says something different and usually blames the previous tech for some kind of error! At first it was the same, not playing a recorded show, so they sent a tech. After the tech "fixed" the problem, I had NO phone or internet! When I called Cox I was told they would get a tech out in 4-5 days!!!

I demanded a tech be at my house the following day and somehow one showed up. He fixed everything but within hours of his visit, the same Contour issues were there. After many frustrating conversations with Cox, many "repairs", many times that they promised a tech and NONE showed up and many missed hours at work (to be home for the service tech) I am returning my Contour boxes and going back to the DVR.

If I continue to have all these problems, after 20 years as a Cox customer, I WILL BE LEAVING COX AND GOING TO ANOTHER PROVIDER!

Product or Service Mentioned: Cox Communications Internet Service.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Comments

Omaha, Nebraska, United States #935671

Go with Direct TV. their technology and customer service are way better.