Coverage Area
Style and Design

Wonder how a large company can be so inept.My elderly moved apartments today at the same address.

Basically same address, different apartment number. I called Cox to get her internet switched. After locating her account they asked what apartment she moved to. Gave them the number and was told they have an active account in that apartment and cannot connect until it was cancelled.

Told them that was impossible because it was just added onto the complex. They in return called the party that was listed at the apartment and determined that they had the wrong apartment number for the other account. Then told me they still could not connect until management from the apartment complex called them to verify the other party was really not in my mom's apartment. Really, you just talked to them.

Called the complex management and was told they would call and have the account transferred for me. No, Cox wouldn't transfer for them. They called me back and told me they verified the other party was in a different apartment but I would have to set up the transfer. I called again the residential line again and was told this time that the business account handles her address and offered their number.

Brenda got rude with me when I asked if she could just transfer me and she did. Immediately after giving them the account info I was told they can't do it I would have to go through residential. Really they just told me they can't do it. He then transferred me to someone else who then told me there is another active account in that apartment.

Explained everything to him and he said he would make the change and set it up. He then said all I had to do was connect her router to the connection and I would be good. Not so, still no internet. So I called back again and got a person that couldn't even find her account even when I gave her the account number.

She said she was going to transfer me to I believe "connections" but instead I got "connect to compete" what ever that is. I called back again explained everything and was told she would enter the info and then transfer to connections, instead she transferred me to disconnect or hung up. Finally I called back and explained everything again and was told he would enter everything and walk over to connections to make sure they addressed my issue.

Connections confirmed the new apartment number, had me reset the router and boom had internet service.Sometimes I hate when someone in a foreign country answers a customer service call but got to admit I believe they could have done a better job.

Review about: Cox Communications Service Transfer.

Reason of review: Order processing issue.

Had an Experience with Cox Communications?

Comments